PDA

View Full Version : jedi rank

Coryn Fett
11-16-2009, 11:34 AM
whats with every1 having a jedi/sith rank? can any1 tell me what with that and please tell me how i can get one? i would appreciate it.:confused:

Jedi-Loreen
11-16-2009, 11:48 AM
Click on Quick Links in the red banner up at the top of the page, then click User Control Panel. On the left side of the UCP page you'll see Your Control Panel. Under Networking, click Group Memberships. You'll see Dark Side, Grey Side or Light Side with a Join Group button to the far right of each. Pick one and click that button. Then click the larger Join Group button at the bottom of that section.

sekrogue1985
11-16-2009, 01:09 PM
it's kinda funny that i keep forgetting to do this thing till now

DJMoonbass
11-16-2009, 01:11 PM
can any1 tell me what that is

the jedi are the guardians of peace and justice throughout the galazy and symbolize tranquility. they are the peacekeepers of the republic. exsisting for millenias. they only think about others and do not hunt for power. they use there power for good. they serve the light. they use there powers for defense never for attack. they do not feel anger or hate, only peace and serentiy.

the sith are a spawn of renegade jedi that sought power and domination a long long time ago. they look inward and rely on their anger for power. there hunger is strong and they are bent on dominating the galazy. a long time ago the sith used to be legion but Darth Bane ended that and brought about the old ways of the sith. One master, One Apprentice. One to Embody the Power, The other- To Crave it.

$tarkiller
11-16-2009, 01:13 PM
the jedi are the guardians of peace and justice throughout the galazy and symbolize tranquility. they are the peacekeepers of the republic. exsisting for millenias. they only think about others and do not hunt for power. they use there power for good. they serve the light. they use there powers for defense never for attack. they do not feel anger or hate, only peace and serentiy.

the sith are a spawn of renegade jedi that sought power and domination a long long time ago. they look inward and rely on their anger for power. there hunger is strong and they are bent on dominating the galazy. a long time ago the sith used to be legion but Darth Bane ended that and brought about the old ways of the sith. One master, One Apprentice. One to Embody the Power, The other- To Crave it.

mhm..

sekrogue1985
11-16-2009, 02:20 PM
nice DJ

Coryn Fett
11-16-2009, 03:32 PM
okay, then what is grey side?

cardcollector
11-16-2009, 04:08 PM
The Grey Jedi thrive on the Living force, believing that the force is not evil, but the way the user chooses to use it.

They do not follow the jedi code, or associate themselves with the high concil.

Qui-gon-jinn is the best example of a Grey Jedi in the SW prequels...
"If you would just follow the code, you would be on the Council. They will not go along with you this time." -obiwan-
"You still have much to learn, my young apprentice"-qui-gon

Coryn Fett
11-16-2009, 04:13 PM
oh, okay. thnx for clearing tht up for me. :eek:

Jedi-Loreen
11-16-2009, 04:20 PM
This is a message forum, you're not texting. Please try to write in complete words and sentences.

k thanx
or
Ok, thank you. ;)

DJMoonbass
11-16-2009, 10:45 PM
i wouldnt say qui gon was grey.

i dunno theres a lot of controvery to this. everybody has there own opinions. IMO a grey jedi is someone who has left the jedi order in order to serve the force he/she best sees fit as well as search for their own destiny. they dont seek power nor do they use anger or hatred but they will use arcain dark power if the need arises.
qui gon was more of a Jedi that liked to push the rules. He did almost go dark when his closest freind Jedi Master Tahl (i believe was here name) was murdered by a sinister bounty hunter named Ona Nobis. (Imagine Asajj Ventress with some wierd type of lightwip and you have a good image of Ona Nobis.) Read the Jedi Apprentice Series. it tells how obi wan came to be qui gons apprentice as well as obi wan going grey in his younger years to help a group of children rebels on Marida/Daan known as the Young. he almost fought his master over a starship. it also tells the tale of qui gons former apprentice that went dark: Xanatos.

so yeah read the series its awesome. fantastic. i read it like 4 years ago and i still remember it. thats how good it is.

Lan-Ja Hamil
11-16-2009, 11:03 PM

i dunno theres a lot of controvery to this. everybody has there own opinions. IMO a grey jedi is someone who has left the jedi order in order to serve the force he/she best sees fit as well as search for their own destiny. they dont seek power nor do they use anger or hatred but they will use arcain dark power if the need arises.
qui gon was more of a Jedi that liked to push the rules. He did almost go dark when his closest freind Jedi Master Tahl (i believe was here name) was murdered by a sinister bounty hunter named Ona Nobis. (Imagine Asajj Ventress with some wierd type of lightwip and you have a good image of Ona Nobis.) Read the Jedi Apprentice Series. it tells how obi wan came to be qui gons apprentice as well as obi wan going grey in his younger years to help a group of children rebels on Marida/Daan known as the Young. he almost fought his master over a starship. it also tells the tale of qui gons former apprentice that went dark: Xanatos.

so yeah read the series its awesome. fantastic. i read it like 4 years ago and i still remember it. thats how good it is.

Hey DJ, is Jedi Apprentice canon?

Onli-Won Kanomi
11-16-2009, 11:56 PM
There are several 'levels' of canon in SW with the movies and official novelizations of the movies being the highest level 'G' Canon which is the material created by Unca George himself [psssst dont mention the Holiday Special]...licensed material created by other authors like SW books, comics and games are still canon if they are authorized by Lucasfilm/Lucasarts they just a lower 'grade' of canonicity than the movies...i.e. what is in the books is canon unless/until something referenced in the movies contradicts them in which case the movie reference 'trumps' the book reference...for example there is stuff about Luke and Leia's mother in a licensed SW book that was written in the 90s which WAS considered canon until the Prequel movies brought the whole Anakin-Amidala romance into detail and thus 'retconned' the previously canon material about her in that book into 'non-canon'...on other occasions material from the books like Coruscant and comics like Quinlan Vos [mentioned in Ep.III ROTS] was actually 'upgraded' into 'G' canon by the Prequel Trilogy films.

As for Qui-Gon he was more of a 'maverick' not a true Grey Jedi since he still followed the Jedi Code [mostly] and still went on official Jedi Order missions sanctioned by the Council even if he wasn't always entirely obedient to them.

The archetypal true 'Grey Jedi' was Jolee Bindo in KOTOR who actively refused missions of the Council, instead pursuing private enterprises for his own personal gain instead of public service, and allowing himself to be guided by Passion to get married and take other actions in disobedience to the Jedi Code ["there is no Passion..."] until eventually he stopped associating himself with the Order entirely becoming a hermit on Kashyyk.

djobitwan7
11-17-2009, 12:12 AM
From what I remember.......Bane didn't completely annihilate the Sith group, he just eradicated his fellow Masters and students at that Sith Academy. In the later novels, the Sith seek out their ancient compadres and they hid in secret as well. That group did not believe in the rule of two.

Jedi-Loreen
11-17-2009, 01:02 AM
Hey DJ, is Jedi Apprentice canon?

All books, comics, movies, cartoons that have LFL approval are considered canon.

But the 2 Trilogies are the first level of canon. Everything else comes after those.

cardcollector
11-17-2009, 08:33 AM

Well, I have to agree, I was trying to give an example of the closest thing in the SW movies. I didn't know how much Fett knew...

I read the series up to book 5 then I couldn't find any of the others. My favorite was book 3! that mind wiping stuff was just cool.:cool:

Darth Securis
11-17-2009, 08:53 AM
DJMoonBass and Onli-Won Kanomi you both explained that so well. I couldn't have said it better myself.

I am not much of a book reader but I have been wanting to read some of the EU. DJMoonBass, would the Jedi Apprentice Series be a good place to start?

Jedi-Loreen
11-17-2009, 10:21 AM
As good a place as any.

You get an interesting look and perspective at the relationship between Qui-gon and Obi-wan. As well as the adventures they go through together.

I've begun re-reading them, myself. A friend of mine has them on his laptop in PDF format and he put them onto my flash drive for me.

I don't know who transcribed them though, each page is full of typos and kind of drives me nuts sometimes. :p

DJMoonbass
11-17-2009, 10:44 AM
oh yeah its a fantastic place to start. its the second series i read. the first was galaxy of fear. those were fun. lol.

but yeah jedi apprentice then read cloak of deception and darth maul shadow hunter, there was one book where obi wan and bant fall in love but end it soon. i forgot the name and where that falls into play. then there comes EP1. then read jedi quest series. thats about anakin and obi wan in his training and how he gets his saber. its really cool.

but after reading all the books that have qui gon. you just seriously fall in love with that charachter and everytime maul strikes him down its just so heart breaking. :( it hits me right where i live.

a fearsome grue
11-17-2009, 12:45 PM
This is a message forum, you're not texting. Please try to write in complete words and sentences.

k thanx
or
Ok, thank you. ;)

hey, it ever occur to you this might be a teen or someone with special needs?

you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to look through all your posts and point out the flaws. ok?

Jedi-Loreen
11-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Chill out, dude.

I'm just asking him to take a little more time and care with his posting. Kids today are in too much of a hurry, they need to slow down. I understand the abbreviations when texting, brevity is often necessary.

But not on a message forum.

a fearsome grue
11-17-2009, 12:58 PM
Chill out, dude.

How's it feel?

cardcollector
11-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Picking a fight with a council member???:???:

I just bought my front row tickets!:cool:

Lan-Ja Hamil
11-17-2009, 03:36 PM
I feel a disturbance in the Force. ;)

$tarkiller
11-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Picking a fight with a council member???:???:

I just bought my front row tickets!:cool:

I've got a party of 20 attending the fight. Is it main event? I think the pre-lim card should consist of LDM, Don, and Maul going at someone. All though I wouldnt challenge any of them.

DJMoonbass
11-17-2009, 08:49 PM
ooooh i did this once. it doesnt end well. trust me AFG you cant win with them. they have there flaws. i can get just as annoyed with them as you do. we share the same opinions buddy.

but dont get in an open word fight. its not worth it. what i have learned to do is as respectively as possible. point out the reason you are upset and leave it at that. dont shout or cus like i did. trust me it makes you look worse then the other person. i know from EXPERIANCE.

theres something going on right now that has upset me. ;););)

if you want to vent dude just give me a email. we'll vent together.