PDA

View Full Version : help me please?

Coryn Fett
11-16-2009, 11:18 AM
before i begin ordering my saber supplies, can anyone give me some pointers for making a belt to hold my future saber/sabers from? a list of materials would be nice, too. i made some mistakes posting my first thread in the gallery, and now because of some of the replies, im very nervous about posting on the forums. please note that negative comments do not help my self esteem. ima lready nervous enough as it is. thank you. :-?

Jedi-Loreen
11-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Unless you plan on making a costume, you don't really need to make a special belt to hold your saber, you can use a regular belt with a Covertec clip or a clip to hold a D-ring.

Build a saber first, then worry about how you're going to carry it. ;)

Coryn Fett
11-16-2009, 11:36 AM
thank you, and i do plan on making a costume, i was also going to ask for a list of common materials that i could use, i just forgot to type that part out.

cardcollector
11-16-2009, 11:38 AM
I think that you need to learn How to use the search function (http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=9527)

That is the way you can get all your questions anwered without starting new threads about information that is readily available.;)

a fearsome grue
11-17-2009, 12:47 PM
cripes, just answer the question.

I suggest *you* take some life lessons and learn how to better treat people.

snob

cardcollector
11-17-2009, 01:35 PM
May I suggest a happy pill for you? You seem to be having a bad day.:rolleyes:

I helped him to help himself. Give a man a search and he'll know one thing. Teach a man to search and he'll learn forever.

I'm trying not to laugh at how you are trying to pick fights with everyone. It isn't very condusive to making friends that way.

I don't want things to get ugly so let me say this...
If you think things should be done differently on this forum than it has since the beggining, be my guest. But don't start attacking the way others post.
We stick together pretty closely when it comes to noobs like you, who think we are all uppity when we tell someone to "do it yourself".
That's because you don't understand this is a DIY Forum, if you have a serious problem, or question (after you search for the answer yourself) we are glad to help. There are plenty of threads that show that.

No hard feelings on my part...

a fearsome grue
11-17-2009, 01:57 PM
I guess so. Along with dwindling grammar and spelling skills, it seems kindness seems to becoming less and less. I just people would be a bit more friendly and neighborly.

Kant Lavar
11-17-2009, 03:56 PM
I said it before, and I'll probably end up saying it again, sooner or later. :)

This is a "do-it-yourself" hobby. In all aspects. That's how we keep things vital, and people learning about ways to improve the hobby. I've given examples before, with a certian saber that a guy actually sat down and pretty much wired a solid mass of electronics, including a self-designed logic board, to make one of the most spectacular sabers I've seen to date.

I'm not saying that you have to do something like that - Lord knows I couldn't, at least not now and likely not for the forseeable future - but by having people learn how to, to go with the current thread, use the search function, people can tap the years of experience accumulated on this forum, and be able to answer most questions by themselves. It has nothing to do with kindness, or being neighborly. It's just holding people to a standard, something I'd actually like to see more of in the real world.

Nobody here's saying that you shouldn't ask questions. We're just saying that you should check to see if it's been asked and answered before. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
11-17-2009, 08:14 PM
Coryn Fett,

Here's a link to a really good costuming site.

http://www.padawansguide.com/

They have detailed instructions on every aspect of putting together a costume, including belts. It would also benefit you to find a Tandy leather dealer and go talk to the people there. They can set you up with all the tools and materials you need, and give you some good pointers on how to use it. Search for some pictures of Jedi belts on Google, and print them off to show them what you want to do.

Good luck.

Shadar Al'Niende
11-18-2009, 08:21 AM
I guess so. Along with dwindling grammar and spelling skills, it seems kindness seems to becoming less and less. I just people would be a bit more friendly and neighborly.

Grue...

I do not understand why you continue to blast existing members of this forum and cause trouble. You profess to want kindness and understanding, yet consistently use caustic, demeaning, inflammatory language towards members of this forum who have the ability to help you and others.

You must realize, you went a long way toward repairing things after your last "outburst" but are ruining all of this with a few mean-spirited posts. Many people on this forum have been here for years and have seen people walk in to this forum with a sense of laziness and entitlement. They do not want to do any work and have someone else give them all the answers at the drop of a hat. They then become angry when others won’t bow to their wishes and do it for them on a do it yourself forum. This provokes a frustrated response as is to be expected. When you answer the same question over and over again...it gets old. On top of that, when the answer could have been gleaned easily by lifting a finger and using the search function or simply BROWSING in the general forum board for the information they want....It tends to grate a little.

If you feel like others are unhelpful here, feel free to post a reply to someone when you know for sure you have the right answer. Adding unnecessarily angry, mean, and hurtful comments does the exact opposite of what you are claiming that you want. Kindness…

I do not want to see you get banned from these forums, I do not want you to have bad blood between you and some of the members here. Unfortunately I cannot control your actions. Only you can do that. Please, for my sake If not for your own, cease posting with such attitude. It teaches other new members of this forum that it is acceptable and it is most definitely NOT.

If your intent is to be a positive, contributing member of this forum than that is commendable and overtime you will find others respecting you. However, that respect will now have to be earned due to your previous actions.

If your intent is to pick fights, cause problems and endlessly whine about how this forum sucks...please, go elsewhere.

Darth Securis
11-18-2009, 09:18 AM
I agree, well put.

Can't, we all just..get along?! ;)

Coryn Fett
11-18-2009, 11:03 AM
Coryn Fett,

Here's a link to a really good costuming site.

http://www.padawansguide.com/

They have detailed instructions on every aspect of putting together a costume, including belts. It would also benefit you to find a Tandy leather dealer and go talk to the people there. They can set you up with all the tools and materials you need, and give you some good pointers on how to use it. Search for some pictures of Jedi belts on Google, and print them off to show them what you want to do.

Good luck.

thank you, i will try the site. it seems that in the days i was fixing my computer, soe fghts broke out on the threads i posted, i didnt mean for that to happen, and im sorry. if my computer hadnt broken down from a virus, i might have been able to try to help mediate them, and i couldnt, so i feel responsible. stupid computer. -_-;

Coryn Fett
11-18-2009, 11:18 AM
guys, please stop fighting over my inexperience, what about the code?

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Shadar Al'Niende
11-18-2009, 12:02 PM

Haha, fair enough.. Don't take what has happened here personally though guy, its not your fault. For future reference if you think of something else to add to your post and no one has replied to you, there is an edit button at the bottom right of your post that will allow you to add it without double or triple posting ;)

annon
11-18-2009, 06:13 PM

LOL good call man. Thanks for the reminder.:-D

(by the way the fighting is definitely not your fault ;) )

cardcollector
11-19-2009, 06:49 AM
The fighting isn't your fault at all, it just happened in your thread...

Hehe, the code is fine- but for Dark Jedi's that's a bunch of nonsense...:D