PDA

View Full Version : Final check before ordering

IcyPhoenix
11-13-2009, 08:35 AM
I want to thank everyone that has helped in this project and would like a final look over of the parts that are setup and see if anything needs to be added or changed. If you see anything missing, please let me know.

LED "Corbin style" Battle blade 1" OD (36 inches) Double wrapped
Luxeon III / V Lens Holder
Luxeon V Star (Cyan)
1 gram white thermal compound
Luxeon Collimator Lens 10 deg viewing angle
BuckPuck 700mA 4-wire
6AA Battery Holder
Screw on LED Blade Holder Style 4
Powder Coating (Xtreme Chrome, BH41)
Drill & Tap Hole
10-32 x 13/32" Thumb Screw
MHS Choke Style 3
Powder Coating (Xtreme Chrome, CH31)
7" Fluted with guarded style switch hole
Powder Coating (Xtreme Chrome, DFS1)
SPST Latching Guarded switch with silver button
MPS Pommel style 3v2
Powder Coating (Xtreme Chrome, PM31)
MPS Clip
MPS Insert Style 9
Drill & Tap Hole
5/8" D-Ring
10-32 x 13/32" Thumb Screw
Ultra Fast NIMH Charger
AA 2600mAh NiMH Rechargeable battery
D-ring belt mount

FenderBender
11-13-2009, 08:40 AM
Hmmm....Im not sure that the 6aa holder will fit in just a 7" section. I guess maybe, if it sits inside the pommel part way. You'll also need "6" of those AA batteries;)

DJMoonbass
11-13-2009, 08:49 AM
wow this guys did his research. this is going to be one cool saber.

you could always go with 2 14500 for your power source.

2 AA size but they are 3.7 volts 900mAH a piece.

IcyPhoenix
11-13-2009, 09:12 AM
Hmmm....Im not sure that the 6aa holder will fit in just a 7" section. I guess maybe, if it sits inside the pommel part way. You'll also need "6" of those AA batteries;)

Yes, on my parts list I do have a quanity of six. ( I just forgot to put that on here ;) )

wow this guys did his research. this is going to be one cool saber.

you could always go with 2 14500 for your power source.

2 AA size but they are 3.7 volts 900mAH a piece.

I have had a lot of help in the design process of this saber, not just from the forums, but also from my friends who have constructed theirs from this site.

I hope to start ordering the parts around the middle of December, and will take plenty of pictures during the construction process and first duel.

Thanks guys.

Jedi-Loreen
11-13-2009, 10:55 AM
You're using a thumb screw for your D-ring? I don't think I've seen anyone do that. Seems like it would be kind of annoying if you're going to hang it on your belt.

IcyPhoenix
11-13-2009, 12:02 PM
You're using a thumb screw for your D-ring? I don't think I've seen anyone do that. Seems like it would be kind of annoying if you're going to hang it on your belt.

I did not think of that, good point. I am giong to change that to a black button head screw.

Thank you.

Jay-gon Jinn
11-13-2009, 08:26 PM
I just built this in the MHS builder...If you could afford to do it, I'd add a short style choke to it. It just kind of breaks up the "blocky-ness" of the hilt a bit. It's your saber and budget though. ;)