PDA

View Full Version : Went to Radio Shack

Waek_Hyndarus
11-13-2009, 01:01 AM
Hey all!

Went to Radio Shack tonight with my pal Ash. We got a hold of some 22 gauge stranded wire, a Soft Touch square top push on/push off button, and a 2 AAA holder.

I realize 2 AAA won't power a P4 green, but it's all I could get there to fit in my PVC hilt. The Soft Touch mounts with satisfying result in my 3/8" hole I drilled and then the wire fits the switch well. Have not soldered anything yet but it's looking good.

I think I'll need to go with a Lux I after all, and then get a blade setup and a resistor from the Store....all Radio Shack had was 1/2watt, 1/4 watt, then skipped to 20 watt and 10 watt resisters. I think I want 5 watt, if I've read right.

So...enough blah...here's some pics.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/WyoWolf17/1113090006-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/WyoWolf17/1113090011-1.jpg

I think it's coming along well! Not to mention I think my experience with this switch will make working with an AV Switch a piece of cake.

Rhyen Skytracker
11-13-2009, 04:42 AM
Good job. Be carefull with those battery packs. The break very easily.

FenderBender
11-13-2009, 06:18 AM
You better be using a red or amber then. Otherwise you ain't gettin' nothin' outta the greens and blues with 3v. And you wouldn't need a resistor even then. LUX I's have the SAME voltage requirements as the III's they just run on less ma.

Waek_Hyndarus
11-13-2009, 10:57 AM
Actually, you CAN run a Lux I blue or Green with 3v. BUT you need what Jay-gonn used in his pvc sabers: a Micro Puck, acting as a boster and allows you to get that extra little voltage.

Jedi-Loreen
11-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Waek and I had a long conversation about this in the Shoutbox after he posted this.

The end of it should have still been in there when Rhyen and Fender posted here. ;)

Waek_Hyndarus
11-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Yes, very long. I picked her brain till there was nothing left to pick. It was likee a mining expedition....a mental pick axe, a rope, a little intuition and.....

ok, so she blew my brain up. so what. :P she was a huge help