PDA

View Full Version : Hello, hello

Eomund
11-11-2009, 09:38 AM
Hi all. Been lurking on the forums for a couple of months gathering info. Thought I might go ahead and introduce myself. Been into Star Wars since I was a kid. Designed and had a custom static hilt machined for me for TPM premiere. Tried an EL hilt after that, didn't really like it, so I kept to the static hilts. Currently have a Larbel Luke ESB and the above mentioned custom. Had a couple others, but had to down-size the collection for cash back in college. Most regrettable was a sweet Larbel Qui-gon that I mourn to this day.

Anyway, I'm working on an MHS hilt at the moment. Actually, it's nearly finished, just waiting on a couple things before I take pics.

Also, let me say that the MHS, and TCSS in general, are the best thing since sliced bread. Really. Where else can you get this kind of customization and variety without having a machine shop charge you an arm and a leg? Tim, you da' man.

Shadar Al'Niende
11-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Also, let me say that the MHS, and TCSS in general, are the best thing since sliced bread. Really. Where else can you get this kind of customization and variety without having a machine shop charge you an arm and a leg? Tim, you da' man.

Truer words have never been spoken...

$tarkiller
11-11-2009, 02:43 PM
If you like sliced bread, wait until you learn about buttered toast.;)

Eomund
11-11-2009, 06:40 PM
If you like sliced bread, wait until you learn about buttered toast.;)

Touché. Still, I'm not sure I want to risk loosing a hand trying to get one when they become available. ;)

Shadar Al'Niende
11-11-2009, 06:42 PM
The man knows his stuff HUZZAH for those that actually READ!

Eomund
11-12-2009, 07:51 AM
Oh, yeah. Too many charred noobs laying around as warning for me not to do some research first.

cardcollector
11-12-2009, 07:55 AM
LOL, I love this guy!:lol:

can't wait to see your first saber!:cool:

Mercuttio
11-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Touché. Still, I'm not sure I want to risk loosing a hand trying to get one when they become available. ;)

Hah, I just started too and that was actually one of the more disappointing bits of research I did. It was like this slow build up to awesome but instead the end is this devastating discovery:

"It does WHAT? I need it!"

"It also does THIS?"

"And THAT too!? MUST HAVE!"

"THAT'S HOW PEOPLE GET THEM!? NOOOOOOO!"

I'm really sort of thinking I'll go with the alternative sold here... but... man. Do Want.

Kant Lavar
11-12-2009, 06:16 PM
Hah, I just started too and that was actually one of the more disappointing bits of research I did. It was like this slow build up to awesome but instead the end is this devastating discovery:

"It does WHAT? I need it!"

"It also does THIS?"

"And THAT too!? MUST HAVE!"

"THAT'S HOW PEOPLE GET THEM!? NOOOOOOO!"

I'm really sort of thinking I'll go with the alternative sold here... but... man. Do Want.

Actually, that's pretty much standard for how the initial discovery of the buttered toast goes. :mrgreen:

Darth Securis
11-14-2009, 08:02 AM
Yeah, I've been wanting one of those for a long time, too many other projects going on for me to even try and get one though.

I'm looking forward to see what erv comes up with next though. I've had my eye on it since it was V2 and he really has made some nice improvements.

Eomund
11-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Yeah, getting that soundcard is almost like the days when the only Graflexes available were vintage ones on fleabay. I wasn't even going to get sound at first, but just couldn't resist, so I got Airsoft's SaberSound 1.0. Figured it was a good route for a first-timer.

cardcollector
11-16-2009, 04:10 PM
You would have been better off getting a Master Replica's IMO.;)

Eomund
11-17-2009, 11:28 AM
Actually, I'm pretty happy with the SaberSound. The swing sound is a little off, which hopefully will be adjusted in the next version. However, the clash sound is spot on, very nice.

In anycase, I've posted to the gallery. Go check it out. http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=9597 (No vid, yet. But there's pics.)