PDA

View Full Version : is eveything i need here????? plz look at it :)

kurtsea
11-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Screw on LED blade holder style 10
4AA Battery holder
Luxeon Collimator Lens 5 deg viewing angle
Luxeon III/V Lens Holder
2.2ohm 5w resistor
SPST Latching Guarded switch with red button
MPS Insert style 9
1" Hilt safety plug
MHS choke style 3
2 Wire quick connector
7" Fluted with guarded style switch hole
Luxeon III Star red
Covertec Clip and knob
MPS Pommel style 7
ultraEdge blade
MPS Clip
plz right back
;):D:):mrgreen::lol:

Jedi-Loreen
11-10-2009, 08:42 PM
Yay, you figured out how to start a New Topic. ;)

You do know you can't buy an Ultraedge blade in this Store, right?

I don't see a blade retention screw in your list. You need one of those to keep your blade from flying out when you swing your saber around. And you'll need the Drill and Tap service for putting the threaded hole in the blade holder if you don't to do that yourself.

I guess you won't be wanting to carry this saber on your belt, because you don't have some kind of D-ring or Covertec knob and clip on your list, either.

Otherwise, your list looks ok to me.

Thaxos
11-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Screw on LED blade holder style 10
4AA Battery holder
Luxeon Collimator Lens 5 deg viewing angle
Luxeon III/V Lens Holder
2.2ohm 5w resistor
SPST Latching Guarded switch with red button
MPS Insert style 9
1" Hilt safety plug
MHS choke style 3
2 Wire quick connector
7" Fluted with guarded style switch hole
Luxeon III Star red
Covertec Clip and knob
MPS Pommel style 7
ultraEdge blade
MPS Clip
plz right back
;):D:):mrgreen::lol:

Yay, you figured out how to start a New Topic. ;)

You do know you can't buy an Ultraedge blade in this Store, right?

I don't see a blade retention screw in your list. You need one of those to keep your blade from flying out when you swing your saber around. And you'll need the Drill and Tap service for putting the threaded hole in the blade holder if you don't to do that yourself.

I guess you won't be wanting to carry this saber on your belt, because you don't have some kind of D-ring or Covertec knob and clip on your list, either.

Otherwise, your list looks ok to me.

He's got a covertec clip and knob

kurtsea
11-10-2009, 08:54 PM
i know i'll bye the blade on Ultra sabers
Covertec knob and clip is on there
i am using a set screw

Thaxos
11-10-2009, 08:57 PM
i know i'll bye the blade on Ultra sabers
Covertec knob and clip is on there
i am using a set screw

To clarify, are you purchasing the set screw from here?
Also, will you be drilling and TAPPING the hole yourself?
Tapping is the process of adding threads to a hole, so that way the screw will... screw into it :p

kurtsea
11-10-2009, 09:04 PM
yep i know thx will eveything work??? :mrgreen:

Jedi-Loreen
11-11-2009, 12:15 AM
Wow, I guess I need to clean my glasses. :oops:

:razz:

kurtsea
11-11-2009, 11:35 AM
:D;) will all the voltage and elctronic like that work together????????:rolleyes:

Jedi-Loreen
11-11-2009, 01:09 PM
You're getting the Build Your Own Luxeon III Electronics Kit? That looks like all the separate parts in the kit on your list.

Yes, the kit is designed so that it all works together. Not sure why you're asking if it does.

Jay-gon Jinn
11-11-2009, 01:25 PM
Be advised that an UltraEdge from Ultrasabers will not fit the TCSS blade holder socket without either sanding the bottom of the blade, or the inside f the blade holder.

kurtsea
11-11-2009, 05:43 PM
I have a Screw on LED blade holder style 10 what is the bast way that looks the bast???

kurtsea
11-11-2009, 05:50 PM
You're getting the Build Your Own Luxeon III Electronics Kit? That looks like all the separate parts in the kit on your list.

Yes, the kit is designed so that it all works together. Not sure why you're asking if it does.

oh thx:):D:-D:mrgreen:

$tarkiller
11-12-2009, 12:01 AM
I have a Screw on LED blade holder style 10 what is the bast way that looks the bast???

Are you asking if its the BEST? And if so, what do you mean?

Jedi-Loreen
11-12-2009, 02:54 AM
I missed that post.

I have no idea what he's asking.

DJMoonbass
11-12-2009, 12:37 PM
LED BH 10 is cool. it bends easy though. trust me. I KNOW. and so does astro;)

what jay gon said the ultraedge will NOT fit in the blade holder and you cant force it either. you might want to commison ultrasabers to turn it down for TCSS blade holder. im sure he would. or you can buy a blade from here.

HOWEVER if you do decide to go with a NORMAL ultrablade. it fits snuggly inside a TCSS blade holder without the need of a blade retention screw
its pretty tight as i have found out myself. i have swung and dueled with it, no retention screw, blade didnt move an inch. (this isnt recomended though)

always a good idea to have one.

kurtsea
11-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Are you asking if its the BEST? And if so, what do you mean?

Yes I meant best, sorry I am dyslexic LOL:oops: I meant to sand down the inside of blade holder or outside of the blade, because the blade holder style 10 has the grooves and you would be able to see the sanding marks? On the outside of the blade? Would it affect the durability of the blade holder if I sanded it?

Jedi-Loreen
11-12-2009, 03:33 PM
Yeah, you'd see the sanding marks on the blade if you used that blade holder.

Those blade holders are pretty strong (if you don't drop your saber and it lands on that end :p ), I fight with my saber that has one. But I wouldn't advise sanding that blade holder, it's thin enough as it is.

kurtsea
11-12-2009, 05:35 PM
is there a ultra saber blade that will fit a tcss style 10 blade holder??????

Jay-gon Jinn
11-12-2009, 07:29 PM
is there a ultra saber blade that will fit a tcss style 10 blade holder??????

Not that I have found....but I usually make my own blades, or hone the blade sockets until the UltraEdges fit. Ultra gets their polycarbonate tubing from a different source, I'd guess, which is why it has a slightly larger diameter than the tubing sold in the store here. There's always some variation in tolerances from one manufacturer to another.

Ultra does have an FX blade intended to fit their UltraFX converted sabers, but that would actually be a bit loose in the TCSS blade holders.

kurtsea
11-12-2009, 07:57 PM
you said i could sand down the inside of the blade holder or the outside of the blade but i have the style 10 blade holder????????:?:

Jedi-Loreen
11-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Have you thought of making your own blades? The regular Ultrasabers blades are just polycarbonate tubes with several feet of clear polypropylene gift wrap inside it.

They aren't that hard to make. Jay-gon has a tutorial about how he makes them. That way, you can buy the tube and tip here, and you know it'll fit. You'll have to buy the gift wrap yourself.

A lot of us make our own blades.

kurtsea
11-13-2009, 06:56 PM
i think I'll just go with a tcss blade.
what is the best looking tcss blade they have:?:

Jay-gon Jinn
11-13-2009, 07:59 PM
It's a matter of preference really. I like this one:
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/LED-Corbin-style-Show-blade-1-OD--P227.aspx
but with an added roll of clear plastic gift wrapping, or polypropylene film. You'll have to add that yourself, though.

kurtsea
11-13-2009, 10:06 PM
is it hard!!!!

Jedi-Loreen
11-13-2009, 10:32 PM
Not really.

Read:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=7274

kurtsea
11-14-2009, 09:50 PM
does tcss glue their blades in and if so how do I get it out?

Shadar Al'Niende
11-14-2009, 09:53 PM
does tcss glue their blades in and if so how do I get it out?

Dude...seriously, relax a little. Do us all a favor and read a little.

Thread Index
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=553

Saber Building Dictionary
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=6524

kurtsea
11-14-2009, 10:24 PM
Sorry don't mean to be bugging everyone, I am dislexic and I need to read in smaller amount and see things visually, and I am only 14 not 27

Jedi-Loreen
11-14-2009, 10:28 PM
Do you mean glue the blades into the sabers? That wouldn't even make any sense. :shock:

Just read a couple sentences, digest them, read a couple more, ect.. Don't get overwhelmed.

Shadar Al'Niende
11-14-2009, 10:46 PM
I am dislexic and I need to read in smaller amount and see things visually

That is why i posted two direct links to sections of information that will help you. You don't have to read it all at once.

For the record...I am dyslexic too...

Kant Lavar
11-15-2009, 01:33 AM
And I have ADHD. You know that dog in "Up"? Yeah, that's me from time to time.

Take your time with reading up. It is definitely not a hobby to rush into, and I learned that the hard way!

cardcollector
11-15-2009, 08:23 AM
Think everyone has some form of ADHD, just some more than others.
I'm OCD, and could "label" many people I know with "disorders"

Just take a few day, read some, then regroup and ask some questions..;)

Kant: You made me laugh! I love that dog.:mrgreen:

Shadar Al'Niende
11-15-2009, 08:34 AM
Especially if you ask questions about things that you have read, you will receive a much warmer welcome than just asking to have everything handed to you. It is well within your grasp, and we are here to help ;)

kurtsea
11-15-2009, 09:00 AM
Do you mean glue the blades into the sabers? That wouldn't even make any sense. :shock:

Just read a couple sentences, digest them, read a couple more, ect.. Don't get overwhelmed.

No I mean do they glue the film or whatever it is in:D

kurtsea
11-15-2009, 09:05 AM
Especially if you ask questions about things that you have read, you will receive a much warmer welcome than just asking to have everything handed to you. It is well within your grasp, and we are here to help ;)

ok thanks:mrgreen:

cardcollector
11-15-2009, 09:10 AM
No I mean do they glue the film or whatever it is in:D

Yeah, If you use cellophane, just put a little hot glue on the bottom of the blade so it doesn't slip out...

Just to clarify, you don't use glue to secure the blade.;)

Shadar Al'Niende
11-15-2009, 09:13 AM
I think he meant does TCSS, the film i have in my saber is attached with a small piece of clear tape at the bottom.

Kant Lavar
11-15-2009, 12:31 PM
I've seen both - I've gotten blades from Tim that had hot glue holding the film in, and I've gotten blades that had tape holding the film in.

kurtsea
11-15-2009, 02:36 PM
ok cause i am going to put polypropylene film in a tcss blade and if i get glue in mine i wont be able to get it in right?

Jedi-Loreen
11-15-2009, 03:47 PM
If you get a blade with Corbin film, put a note with your order asking for tape and not glue to hold the film inside, if you're worried about it.

kurtsea
11-15-2009, 05:06 PM
OK thanks I am saving my money and when I get enough and i git my parts when i assemble it I'll post photo's:mrgreen::D:p