PDA

View Full Version : Thick and Thin - Sith and Jedi

Shadar Al'Niende
11-07-2009, 09:35 AM
I got to thinking after Eco's Thick Vs Thin Thread (http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=9504) and wondered if there was a pattern to be seen here.... what do you find yourself doing?

Lan-Ja Hamil
11-07-2009, 10:11 AM
I haven't built my first saber yet but I am leaning with thin blade and being a Jedi.

Rhyen Skytracker
11-07-2009, 12:06 PM
I have built around 107 sabers and I have built both Sith and Jedi sabers equally and have used both thin and thick walled sabers.

Count Malik
11-07-2009, 12:41 PM
personally i like my sabers with a thin walled blade... gives it more of a lightsaber feel.... because its really light weight.... however i have used thick walled blades a few times i like them because they can take a major beating... but they aren't nearly as bright as thin walled!;)

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
11-07-2009, 01:40 PM
I think I've built both Jedi and Sith sabers more or less equally.

As for blades, I have both. I have some really beat up thick blades that I use for dueling, and I have two, nearly pristine thin blades that I use for show.

Shadar Al'Niende
11-20-2009, 09:14 PM
Interesting results thus far...

A little more time and I will have the data i need to compare against my hypothesis. :D

B5813
11-21-2009, 02:27 PM
There is noticeable weight difference between the two. If I want to do fast moves I use an empty MR blade w/diffuser wrapping which I assume is close to the weight of the thin wall blade.

Sairon
11-22-2009, 05:32 PM
Sith and thin walled, I like the way sith sabers look. but I do jedi sabers too, the one I'm making right now can be a jedi or a sith saber.

Eco
11-23-2009, 09:58 AM
Used to be a big fan of thick blades, but now I'm really loving my thin ones.
Jedi hilts.

Charmaynard
02-10-2010, 09:42 AM
Well, I'm still in the process of building my first saber, but it's gonna use a Carbon Fiber Blade. Jedi Hilt.

My first "Show Saber" will have a thin blade, though.:D

Novastar
02-11-2010, 05:18 AM
Hmm... a little weird on the poll, since:

* I build both "Jedi" and "Sith" sabers... although I never really think of it that way anyhow, since the color doesn't always determine the wielder...

* Although I USED to use solely thick-walled blades (BOP I & BOP II)... I switched to thin back in late 2007 (mainly for what was going to be BOP III), and never looked back.

So... I guess I'll have to go with no vote here... but--yup, I told y'all what I do. Thin-walled these days. Although I have two or three nice thick-walled blades if I ever wanna plug 'em back into the Flange III (and IV!) sabers someday.

Finally... if it's a question again that n00bz might ask about... both types are extremely resilient to damage, and even though I'd not recommend pitting a thin-walled VS. a thick-walled for dueling an opponent (as in you have X, he has Y)... it's not all that bad unless one of you is going completely out-of-control + insanity + hogwild + roid rage... :)

Crystal Chambers
02-11-2010, 05:43 AM
weird...I was under the impression more people were doing thin walled and so people claim but the poll is leaning the other way. I might be wrong.

I do more jedi then sith sabers.

I haven't tried thin walled but since I wanna duel and sand my blades thick walled seemed like the best option. I heard thin walled are a bit bendy as well.

Dakarn
02-11-2010, 07:38 AM
Well considering I only own 1 blade currently, its thick walled. On the list to get a thin walled blade.

Beyond my 1st saber I have 2 others I'm working on - 1 sith sinktube and a jedi project.

Tend towards Jedi but Sith has some unique design queues that I like to play with.

Goltar Bias
02-15-2010, 09:24 PM
So far i have finished 2 sabers and have 2 near completion full count 2 will be sith or sithish and to jedi as far as blades so far I have only one blade. a thick wall but might be getting a thin.

Jonitus
02-15-2010, 10:41 PM
For customer sabers, I always go with the 1" blades. It's not worth it to me to try and convince them of anything else. For personal stuff, I prefer 3/4" blades because I think they look more accurate in terms of size. A little harder to get lit evenly, but if done right, they are every bit as bright as their 1" counterparts.

Jay-gon Jinn
02-16-2010, 01:25 AM
For customer sabers, I always go with the 1" blades. It's not worth it to me to try and convince them of anything else. For personal stuff, I prefer 3/4" blades because I think they look more accurate in terms of size. A little harder to get lit evenly, but if done right, they are every bit as bright as their 1" counterparts.

Quoted for truth!

cardcollector
02-17-2010, 08:23 AM
I think a lot of people, (like myself) starting off think to themselves...
"A thinwalled blade? I want this saber to be tough, I'm getting thick..."

And then they find Thinwalls are pretty dang strong, and they are noticably brighter...