PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Saddy
11-07-2009, 06:28 AM
Hi,

I'm new, call me Saddy, and just got interested in making light saber. I noticed it to be complex. I'm already unsure if I can do it, it's the electricy thingy that bugs me. :( Anyway, It would be great to make even one one day. I have seen several light sabers and they look great.

Nice to meet you all.

Sunrider
11-07-2009, 06:47 AM
Welcome to the forum. There is a ton of information on here. Beware you will get flamed for not asking (good questions). Do not be discouraged there are people here that are willing to help. Do a lot of research to familarize yourself with the basics.

Luke-SkyMarcher
11-07-2009, 06:53 AM
I'm already unsure if I can do it, it's the electricy thingy that bugs me.

Don't worry about it! It's really quite simple, even if there weren't so many wiring guides out there. With them, it really takes no knowledge of electronics at all to wire up a basic saber. If you're unsure how to wire something, all it takes is a little research... and soldering. ;)

Luke

Shadar Al'Niende
11-07-2009, 09:17 AM
Follow these steps here (http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=6430&highlight=n00b) and you will have absolutely NO problem making your very first, very own Lightsaber! The steps are quite simple, nothing fancy, and are a good place to start for a beginner :)

Saddy
11-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Thanks for encouragement words. I really want to start with simple hilts. I start reading those links and do research too. :) I saw some of your collections too, awesome ones!

Rhyen Skytracker
11-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Welcome Saddy. There are tons of information for building all kinds of sabers on here. Try to use the search function to research what you are looking for and if you can't find it, make a thread and we will try to help you as much as we can. Can't wait to see your first saber.

Saddy
11-07-2009, 12:16 PM
Thanks. It might take a while to make one as I barely can afford a thing atm. =/ But I'll ask help when I need. :) I've been reading this site alot.

Lord Maul
11-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Welcome to the forums! The three links in my sig are great places to start, along with the Welcome to the Saber Scene area.:cool:

Saddy
11-07-2009, 01:09 PM
Thank you. I'll read them. :)