PDA

View Full Version : Check my wire routing if you please.

Lan-Ja Hamil
11-06-2009, 11:49 PM
Hello forumites,

I was toying with the idea of having a pommel mounted switch and having the MHS sound/speaker/battery combo. The biggest problem was wiring the switch and having an opening for the speaker.

I think this would work. I would have 2 holes in the main hilt hidden by the MPP clamp, the LED wires would go up out of the hilt, then back down into it past the speaker for the combo.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm164/Ramfan1960/Lightsabers/Lightsabre111.png

The crystal chamber would be great for sound and it allows me room to add a crystal later if I want to upgrade the saber.

There is also enough space in the hilt for a recharge port/kill switch, if I would want to add one.

So what I want to know is did I figure the wire routings right or am I missing something?

Thanks for all of your help.

Invisas1979
11-07-2009, 02:30 AM
If i'm looking at this correctly the placement of the Speaker/Batt combo is representative of where the it will sit in the hilt?

The speaker will sit FLUSH with the inside rim of the mhs extension the clamp is on and the double male with slots has a very wide guage and wont let any wires past it.

To make this work you would need to move the MPP clamp forward a bit so the wires pass the speaker.

You also need to know allow for the threads, you don't want to go drilling through those, or you'll wreck the parts.

Also a mom switch is not a push on switch, it's for use with US or CF boards, you'll need a latching switch.

Sunrider
11-07-2009, 06:30 AM
Don't rush take your time. Think of how all of the components will fit & work together. Put the speaker in the tube. See how you can route the wires around it.
Also think of how you will screw the pieces together with the stuff inside. e.g. It's a good idea to put a connector on the wires coming off the LED so you can screw all the parts together without twisting wires up.