PDA

View Full Version : Confirming / seeking advice about current parts list.

IcyPhoenix
11-06-2009, 03:31 PM
A friend showed me this site some time ago, and I have decided to build a saber for dueling. Being that I have never built anything like this before I was wondering if the parts I have selected would work correctly, and what other parts I might need / would improve the saber. Thank you,

Luxeon III/V Lens Holder
SPST Momentary Guarded switch with silver button
Luxeon Collimator Lens 5 deg viewing angle
6AA Battery Holder
Screw on LED blade holder style 10
MHS choke style 3
7" Fluted with guarded style switch hole
MPS Pommel style 3 v2
LED "TCSS style" Battle blade 1" OD (36 inches)
Luxeon V Star (Cyan)
MPS Insert style 9

DJMoonbass
11-06-2009, 03:54 PM
sounds like you got it all handled except for this:

you need a resistor. this can be calculated using the resistor chart in the TCSS store. you need one or you could blow your lux V. either that or you can use a 700 ma buck puck. this would be the smartest choice, it will drive your lux the best and increase life.

then i would personally go with a 10 degree lens. it ads more flair to the blade.

also i wouldnt go with the TCSS battle blade. go with the corbin or make your own with cellophane film and PolyC from TCSS. the TCSS blade is a plastic diffuser and really robs your LED for brightness and eveness. film works better and allows for a more brighter and even blade.

next you need the MPS insert clip. that will hold the MPS insert in place.

maybe throw in a D Ring so you can wear it on your belt

then the last thing is you need some sort of blade retention screw. for your design idea a set screw would keep the sleek looking design. i would personally go with a thumb screw since you dont need tools for that, tim has a tapping service if you cant do it yourself.

have fun and post pics!