PDA

View Full Version : Confused!

journeyman171
11-28-2005, 09:39 PM
where can i buy things to add to the hilt of the "lowes special" lightsaber? like the veritical black grips from vader's and other things that will make the lightsaber look like the were from the movies and stuff.

Strydur
11-28-2005, 09:44 PM
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=20

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

LAN-ED-TUL
11-29-2005, 12:43 AM
blast-tech has the grips in sets or by the foot and other stuff like conversion packages for graflex or vader. i've bought from him several times and his stuff is good quality too, just like tims stuff. dont get upset at me tim, just answerin his question and tryin to help.

Strydur
11-29-2005, 01:08 AM
No problem. The grips I sell are from blast-tech so I would hope since I sell them for the same price you would buy mine instead..but he does have allot of other nice parts to customize your saber.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

LAN-ED-TUL
11-29-2005, 08:55 AM
i didnt know you had the grips from blast-tech Tim. thats cool.

journeyman171
11-29-2005, 02:09 PM
I bought the grips from Tim, but i think i'm going to walk around in lowes to see if there's anything rubber that can mimic the stuff from the camera parts. Any other ideas guys?

Stan Johnson
11-30-2005, 09:03 AM
I saw some stuff on ebay that claimed to be graflex grip. I don't know if it was just the rubber grip that everyone sells, but if it was really graflex it makes sense that that is what was originally used in the movies.

dalvalucard
11-30-2005, 01:50 PM
Hey sorry to burst your bubble dude but the grips in the original were wiper blades......made of rubber MUHAHAHA! Graflex doesn't make grips just cameras and flash guns.[:D] Thank you for shopping at wal-mart.

The bird of Hermes is my name. Eating my wings to make me tame.

Stan Johnson
11-30-2005, 06:13 PM
I supposed this was the case, but the pics I've seen of the grips don't look much like wiper blades, and I have relatively little knowledge of 50 year old camera technology, as I was not yet born, and my past life was not a photographer.[:o)]

vadeblade
12-01-2005, 09:22 AM
For our younger Jedis and Sith, a history lesson.

http://members.aol.com/yodashous2/building.htm

Not sure how accurate the info is but it does have a lot of detail on Graflex and Heiland based hilts. It is mentioned that the windshield wiper blades used for the grips most likely came from a military vehicle.

Lightsaber Warning Label: "CAUTION: Do NOT attempt to sharpen blade."

Nightwing
12-01-2005, 05:26 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by vadeblade

For our younger Jedis and Sith, a history lesson.

http://members.aol.com/yodashous2/building.htm

Not sure how accurate the info is but it does have a lot of detail on Graflex and Heiland based hilts. It is mentioned that the windshield wiper blades used for the grips most likely came from a military vehicle.

Lightsaber Warning Label: "CAUTION: Do NOT attempt to sharpen blade."
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Very nice! I remember when I first stumbled upon that site... I have since formed my life philosophy around it (or rather I would if I knew how).

robt666
12-01-2005, 06:04 PM
the grips in the movies were wiper blades were off of military trucks, thats why they look heavy duty