PDA

View Full Version : heatsink question

obi-one
11-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Hi everyone.

So far I've been reading and learning, I think every MHS hilt mainbody has some sort of sleeve or something where sits the heatsink until gets secured by screwing the bladeholder to the hilt. Am I right on this?

Now my question is, if I use a MHS choke, then, the heatsink now goes in the choke or remains in the main body? if it remais in the mainbody, am I not to lose some light intensity in the blade?

And also, if I am going to use a sink tube, then I guess I'm gonna have to figure out my own way to hold the heatsink, right? probably I can use some screws or something.

Sorry if this is an annoying question, or if it has been asked before too much times. I'm about to order all the stuff I think I need and just wanna make sure.

Thanks

Jonitus
11-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Hi everyone.

So far I've been reading and learning, I think every MHS hilt mainbody has some sort of sleeve or something where sits the heatsink until gets secured by screwing the bladeholder to the hilt. Am I right on this?

Now my question is, if I use a MHS choke, then, the heatsink now goes in the choke or remains in the main body? if it remais in the mainbody, am I not to lose some light intensity in the blade?

And also, if I am going to use a sink tube, then I guess I'm gonna have to figure out my own way to hold the heatsink, right? probably I can use some screws or something.

Sorry if this is an annoying question, or if it has been asked before too much times. I'm about to order all the stuff I think I need and just wanna make sure.

Thanks

All MHS parts were designed with a little "shelf" that the heatsink sits on, so you can screw the blade holder in and "pinch" it between the piece and the blade holder. It doesn't matter - main body, chokes, extensions...all have the little shelf.

Your heatsink always goes on the bottom of the blade holder. Always. No exceptions.

If you want to use a sinktube, you'll need a MHS-to-sinktube adapter so you can use the MHS blade holder. Guess what? That adapter has a shelf too, so you can use heatsink like you would with any other part combo.

obi-one
11-05-2009, 07:57 PM
thanks man, you really did solve my doubts.
Regards

Causa
04-30-2010, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the great answer and a great thread, OP.

All of the little questions are starting to click together, even some of the ones I haven't considered, yet!

Skottsaber
05-01-2010, 01:43 AM
I just wanna say something here. If you don't read the basic stuff you're supposed to like the MHS tutorial, then we'll know it because you asked this kind of question. I mean, if you're too proud to read through the basics, then at least read one of Jay-Gon's build threads, that should make some sense out of everything.

FenderBender
05-01-2010, 08:00 AM
Whoa there killer! :D The original topic was last year, put away the flame thrower, save it for the really good ones as I don't even think the OP has been here since then.

Lord Maul
05-01-2010, 11:50 AM
This is an example of bad thread revival...
Locked.