PDA

View Full Version : Project for a friend, making sure I've got the proper things

ComdtJustin
11-05-2009, 08:21 AM
Hey all,

Working on a project for a friend of mine. He wanted as close as I could get to a Luke ROTJ saber. Here's what I've come up with for the hilt:

Pommel style 3
4 inch double female threaded connector
MHS ribbed section
Blade holder style 5
Graflex clamp

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1/stolieman/Lightsaber%20Props/68d9aec5.jpg

Does this look about right? If I use these parts, where could I put the switch? I haven't asked him if he wants sound yet, so right now we're just looking at a "flashlight".

Hrm. S'pose I should include the blade kit, eh?

Seoul P4 Kit - Red
36" blade with diffuser

If he decides he wants sound, I'll probably get an Ultrasound from here as well...

WeirdoTransvestite
11-05-2009, 09:09 AM
You could put the switch on the clamp/activation box, almost anywhere on that rear extension piece, or even on the bottom of the pommel.

My recent saber, I put the activation box on the emitter section, and wired the switch through it to the box. Was a bit of a pain to drill and wire, but the results are pretty neat.

DJMoonbass
11-06-2009, 02:21 PM
okay for a more accurate luke ROTJ you need the choke piece. then your saber will look like this. see the attachment. you will also want to have tim do some custom machine work on the grooved extension like this:

http://www.brianstoys.com/store/images/products/Star%20Wars/MasterReplica/Sabers/SW_MasterReplica_LukeROTJ.jpg

okay also you are missing:

pommel insert
pommel instert clip
D ring. or covertech. if you want to wear it. D ring is more luke accurate.
blade retention screw: thumbscrew
seoul P4 red? i would go with green if you want luke but its your choice.
blade? you need a blade.
it will look better with a 3 inch not four inch IMO.
if you dont want a wabbly battery get the Speaker mount. which ever one works for your battery pack. it will secure your batteries.

thats about it, good luck

ComdtJustin
11-12-2009, 12:34 AM
Thanks DJ.

As I said, a friend of mine wants it. I asked him if he wanted a certain colour for his blade and he said red...

As far as the smaller parts (pommel insert, etc), I never mention those because they just seem common sense to me...

DJMoonbass
11-12-2009, 12:40 PM
okay sure.

i guess that would save time. lol. but yeah i would deffinatey get the choke piece and have work done to the grip section. but its up to you. good luck and hope your friend likes a Darth Luke saber