PDA

View Full Version : how to mount led with choke

kylelee105
11-04-2009, 07:52 PM
i searched and i cant find this out how do you mount the led with a choke on

Strydur
11-04-2009, 08:42 PM
The same way you mount it to any other part.

Obi-Ben
11-04-2009, 10:01 PM
You mount the LED to the blade holder, not the choke. The choke is narrower than the other parts, but the heat sink is designed to fit in it.

Jedi-Loreen
11-05-2009, 04:02 AM
Huh? :confused: Your post makes no sense, Obi-ben.

Have you actually built a saber yet? You've been giving some bad advice in some of your last posts. :-| Yes, I see a saber in your signature, did you pay attention to the order that the parts go together?

The LED always goes below the blade holder, inside the top of whatever part connects to it, be it a hilt piece, extension or choke. The LED never mounts to the blade holder.

The LED heat sink is sandwiched between the blade holder and the part below it. The bottom of the blade holder holds the LED optics (lens and lens holder) in place.

Rhyen Skytracker
11-05-2009, 06:07 AM
It has always amazed me all the thought that went into the design of the MHS system. Most people take it for granted, which is easy to do because of the way everything fits together so well. I really appreciate all the time and effort everyone put into designing the MHS system.

Strydur
11-05-2009, 08:44 AM
Thanks Rhyen

We plan to continue expanding on the line and hope to impress you all further with the options we come out with.

cardcollector
11-05-2009, 08:54 AM
We plan to continue expanding on the line and hope to impress you all further with the options we come out with.

You have definetely done that!

I went to the store and I'm like...

Cool! New battery stuff!

Cool! New wiring stuff!

Cool! New LED Stuff!

You truly do a great job.

FenderBender
11-05-2009, 09:27 AM
I will say that the LED mounting method that MHS uses is freakin genius. Without turning this thread into TOO much of an ego stroke for Tim;) I have always said that the MHS system is the PERFECT canvas for saber art.

Obi-Ben
11-05-2009, 06:53 PM
Huh? :confused: Your post makes no sense, Obi-ben.

Have you actually built a saber yet? You've been giving some bad advice in some of your last posts. :-| Yes, I see a saber in your signature, did you pay attention to the order that the parts go together?

The LED always goes below the blade holder, inside the top of whatever part connects to it, be it a hilt piece, extension or choke. The LED never mounts to the blade holder.

The LED heat sink is sandwiched between the blade holder and the part below it. The bottom of the blade holder holds the LED optics (lens and lens holder) in place.

That's what I get for posting late in the evening. I meant to say that it sits between the two parts (since it's actually screwed to either part), and that the section of the copper heat sink that points down fits inside the narrow inside diameter of the chokes.

Anyway, I don't think the rude comment was necessary in addition to the correction/clarification. It's not like it was my intent to confuse anyone.

B5813
12-21-2009, 11:32 PM
I think most people get what Obi was trying to explain.

xl97
12-22-2009, 06:05 AM

I didnt..

anyways..

I 'too' am a HUGE fan of the MHS design as well..

(its more than just screwing parts together..for sure)..

I use the other 'features' for my add-ons and core/chassis'...

Im hoping they start to do the same.. ;)

Invisas1979
12-22-2009, 07:03 AM

Humm is 6 months long enough to be a necro post????? :p

Jedi-Loreen
12-22-2009, 10:31 AM
It was 6 weeks.

I guess someone thought I needed my rudeness pointed out to me again. :roll:

Ironphoenix
02-16-2010, 04:32 PM
It was 6 weeks.

I guess someone thought I needed my rudeness pointed out to me again. :roll:

Make rude posts and someone will point it out. It's cool though, I know I have been on the receiving end of Jedi-Loreen's wrath when I was a greeny. Just pushed me to improve....

Jedi-Loreen
02-16-2010, 07:48 PM
I've been trying to be nicer, lately. :)

$tarkiller
02-16-2010, 08:19 PM
There ain't gon be no tryin 'round here. There just gon be sum doin.

DJMoonbass
02-17-2010, 06:19 PM
ooooooookay then:confused::rolleyes:

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
02-19-2010, 10:46 AM
I've been trying to be nicer, lately. :)

Do, or do not. There is no try.;)

Jedi-Loreen
02-19-2010, 12:23 PM
You guys can leave me be, now.

Thanks.

DarthHideous
02-26-2010, 11:03 AM
It has always amazed me all the thought that went into the design of the MHS system. Most people take it for granted, which is easy to do because of the way everything fits together so well. I really appreciate all the time and effort everyone put into designing the MHS system.

Wade, you're such a butt kisser, :p

I fully agree though. The MHS system is pure genius. Thanks Tim.
All hail Tim, king of the Saber Geeks :p

cardcollector
02-26-2010, 04:26 PM
Make rude posts and someone will point it out. It's cool though, I know I have been on the receiving end of Jedi-Loreen's wrath when I was a greeny. Just pushed me to improve....

Same here, tough love is the best way to learn.:rolleyes:;)

Novastar
02-27-2010, 01:26 AM
<--- cannot say enough good things about the MHS "multi-purpose" blade holder (1), LED mount (2), heatsink (3), "emitter as you see fit (choice is yours)" (4).

Not to mention, I personally couldn't ask for much better than the 1.25" sink-tube style heatsink/mount/etc. ... THAT is my personal favorite, since it allows you to "choke" the saber down pretty far if you wish.

I will be honest and say... yes... I am not PERSONALLY "Mr. 100% MHS" saber-builder... I like the sink tubes for the room inside (ID)... but I could ***NEVER*** make a saber without Tim's awesome work.

Yup... without the good ol' TCSS theeee WHHHHOOOLLEEE DAAANGG OPRY ain't happenin'.