led tcss style battle blade 1"od
luxeon 3 kit with amber led
8-32 1/2"
screw hole tap service
do i have everything or am i good?
i forgot im getting a choke style 1

Lan-Ja Hamil
11-04-2009, 07:45 PM
I'm not a Master, but from where I sit, it looks good to me. Am I correct in assuming that you are not going with sound at this time?

kylelee105
11-04-2009, 07:54 PM
no its just a stunt saber besides the sound cards are worth as much as the saber itself

DarthHideous
11-05-2009, 12:53 AM
As far as your list, it looks good. However, this hilt will only be about 10" long. I don't know how big you are, but,
10" just seems very short but it just might be right for you. The 8-32" hole I assume is for the Covertec wheel, but,
you will also need a threaded hole for the Blade set screw and a blade set screw to secure the blade. I recommend
10-32" as it has a better holding surface. Just make sure to specify when you order the drill and tap service on how
and where you want it placed, especially if you want certain things like the switch and blade set screw to line up.
You have done your homework and it seems you're on the right path. Good luck with your build and post some pics
for us to see. We like to pat each other on the back around here.

Just one question, are you a Jedi or a Sith :)

Jedi-Loreen
11-05-2009, 03:52 AM
The 8-32 screw is probably for the blade retention screw, I doesn't mention the type of screw.

I also would recommend a 10-32 screw for blade retention. I like to have the slightly bigger "bite" that screw has on the blade.

cardcollector
11-05-2009, 06:54 AM
I'm not sure you mant to go wiht the battle blade. it is REALLY heavy!;)

and since you hilt is only going to be around 10" it will be unweildy and off balance...

Plus the blade will be brighter, and with Amber, you need all the help you can get!

cannibal869
11-05-2009, 12:22 PM
I'm not sure you mant to go wiht the battle blade. it is REALLY heavy!;)

sissy...;) LOL...j/k

Kyle - you have batteries and a battery pack I assume?
Also, I take it you already have a soldering iron, solder, and wire (some wire and the resistor is included in the kit, but it doesn't hurt to have some more handy)?
Since this is a stunt saber, the thick walled should be just fine for dueling... and your forearms and grip will get a nice workout while you're at it.

Other than that sounds good so far!

-C

Jedi-Loreen
11-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Um, the Kit comes with a battery pack, but it does not come with any wire.

The only wire you see is that which comes attached to the battery pack and on the switch. You will need extra wire to wire up your LED.

$tarkiller
11-05-2009, 02:54 PM
I made the mistake of not ordering any wire wit my first kit for my first saber. Needless to sy, I was very displeased at my actions. :D

DJMoonbass
11-06-2009, 02:30 PM
i dont know how well your batteries will work with an Amber. my advice go get some 2500 mah NihM batteries. Tim actaully sells them. and yes if you are going with amber dont get the TCSS battle blade. get the corbin blade or some other type of blade with film. you could always make your own. just buy some basic poly c, a tip, and the get some blade film. i think people use cellophane here and its a beautifull blade. makes a cool metalic sheen and really radiates. the TCSS blade diffuser really wont do the amber justice. its just the easiest way to make a blade. but it doesnt light up evenly and it really dims out the color.

cardcollector
11-06-2009, 05:02 PM
sissy...;) LOL...j/k

lol, I'd rather be a quick sissy than a dead tough guy!;):p

kylelee105
11-10-2009, 09:14 PM
i think i may go with the mhs ribbed extension v grooved instead of the choke what do you guys think???
:confused:

kylelee105
11-10-2009, 09:15 PM
to answer your darth hideous question i am a jedi (cool name)