PDA

View Full Version : First LS parts list check...

grommit
11-04-2009, 12:52 PM
I plan to make my first LS for my 8yr old. Will be pretty basic outside with good stuff inside...

How does this list look? Things missing, mismatched or things I don't need?

Body-
1.5" Sink tube with threaded end (12") - Hardware store
Threaded end cap with sink grate - Hardware store
Sledholder10 Screw on LED blade holder style 10
MHSadapter MHS to 1.5" sink tube adapter

Blade-
TCSSBattle LED "TCSS style" Battle blade 1" OD (30 inches)

Electronics-
Sound -
US25 UltraSound 2.5
Pspeaker Premium Speaker

Light -
SeoulP4Kit Build Your Own Seoul P4 Electronics Kit
(incl: Battery holder, P4 LED, Optics)
Power -
AANimh AA 2600mAh NiMH Rechargeable battery
NimhCharger 2.4V-7.2V Nimh Smart charger
2.1PlugAdapter 2.1mm plug adapter for smart charger
2.1Jack 2.1mm Power Jack

Hardware -
spkrmountv3 MHS speaker mount V3
AVbezel Bezel for illuminated switches
MRBR DPDT Momentary red illuminated switch
8-32Athumb 8-32 x 5/16" thumb screw
1/4button 8-32 x 1/4" button head screw
8-32 x 1/8" Set screw, hex

Misc -
8-32tap 8-32 Tap & drill set
Taphandle Tap handle

Jedi-Loreen
11-04-2009, 03:02 PM
So you're really sure you want to spend the money on an Ultrasound 2.5 for a child, ok.

You mean 4 button head screws, right? Your post says 1/4, probably just a typo. ;)

I would suggest a different blade holder though. While plenty strong to fight with, I fight with a saber that has one, blade holder #10 is kind of thin at the ends. If the saber gets dropped on a hard surface and lands on the blade holder, one of those 4 "crown" pieces could get bent. (just ask astromechkhuns :p)

I suggest a more solid blade holder for a kid's saber.

If you are really set on that one, then you have been warned.

grommit
11-04-2009, 03:23 PM
So you're really sure you want to spend the money on an Ultrasound 2.5 for a child, ok.

You mean 4 button head screws, right? Your post says 1/4, probably just a typo. ;)

I would suggest a different blade holder though. While plenty strong to fight with, I fight with a saber that has one, blade holder #10 is kind of thin at the ends. If the saber gets dropped on a hard surface and lands on the blade holder, one of those 4 "crown" pieces could get bent. (just ask astromechkhuns :p)

I suggest a more solid blade holder for a kid's saber.

If you are really set on that one, then you have been warned.

Yes, I am going to spend the money on the Ultrasound. I will wrap it up in heat shrink. At least that is the current plan. Perhaps I will try to think up a better shock treatment... The sounds on that board are just so cool, I just can't bring myself to skimp there in spite of the cost. :)

Thanks for the recommendation on the holder. I was wondering about it. I am going to cut my sink tube at an angle and have the holder only stick out part way (saw this treatment in the forum) it will probably be pretty inconspicuous. I will probably go with Style2 or perhaps Style4 after your warning.

Grommit

Jedi-Loreen
11-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Do not wrap up the Ultrasound in heat shrink. The board will bleed off excess voltage in the form of heat. It needs to get air around it so it doesn't get too hot. There are various types of non-conductive materials, like PVC or other plastics that you can use to make a cradle or sled for the boards.

Look in the Gallery section at some of the threads by LDM and Jay-gon. That will give you some ideas about what you can do with the board.

DJMoonbass
11-06-2009, 04:00 PM

or me since it was MY saber he dropped. lol:p:grin::wink: