PDA

View Full Version : Noob sound board choice advice

cordaroyfog
11-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Hey guys I'm planning on building a graflex green led saber and had a question about the sound board. I have 2 hasbro sabers I am willing to gut. One is the yoda light up with sound (and sound when it hits something). The other is the more complicated Jedi traning lightsaber which in addition to taking more batteries, has the complicated locking system and says a lot of quotes.

Also I think it must have motion sensors built in as well.

2 things:

1.) which would be better for porting into my graflex

2.) will either support a luxeon v or is the power demand too high for both of them?

The yoda is simpler I am sure of, but I thought because maybe the other had so many more frills it could handle the higher power needed for a luxeon v, but would all the other complicated systems get in the way?

Thanks so much!

cardcollector
11-04-2009, 11:27 AM
You need to read a lot more!

Lux 5's can't be used with Hasbro boards...

Kant Lavar
11-04-2009, 11:47 AM
There are three links in nice bold print at the bottom of my signature.

Read them.

Do some research on the board for a while. Like weeks at least; there's a lot of knowledge buried around here.

Then, armed with said knowledge, you can go about your business.

Move along. ;)

Rhyen Skytracker
11-04-2009, 01:27 PM
In this tutorial I list the LEDs that will work with those sound cards. Make sure you read as much as you can, there are tons of information here that can answer almost any questions you have. Good luck. http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=7587

cordaroyfog
11-04-2009, 01:53 PM
thanks guys, I know I can't use a lux 5 with these cheap boards. I am just debating in my head whether I honestly want sound at all as I don't think I can afford the good sound boards I might just rather have great brightness and no sound. Any thoughts on the Hasbro Interactive Training lightsaber, you think that falls under the category of "having extra features" I should stay away from using the parts from.

Normally I would but the fact that I think it has a motionsensor to make noise when you just move it and also vibrates, where as my other hasbro sabers (like the yoda) do not have this feature and it seemed pretty advanced to me.

Obi-Ben
11-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Lux IIIs aren't slouches in the brightness department. Having some sound--even cheap sound--adds some fun play value to a hilt. If I were you, I'd go with the simple Yoda sound and a Luxeon 3. When/if you get a better sound board, you can upgrade to a brighter LED if you really think it's necessary.

Lord Dottore Matto
11-04-2009, 06:52 PM
My recommendation (and I do a lot of graflex conversions) is to not defile a graflex with a crap board. Save up for an Ultrasound from the shop here and do it the right way (with a blue (cyan for ANH and Royal for ESB) Lux V and 2 Li-ion 14500's) You will not be disappointed. I guess the bottom line is...save the money and do it right. And reading the links that people have suggested is a good idea. Read mine too.;)