PDA

View Full Version : Photobucket and you.

ARKM
11-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Hi all, this is basically a rant in the form of instruction on the "proper" use of Photobucket (my version of proper use that is).

When I click on a "clickable" thumbnail or a link to a picture file that is on Photobucket, I want to see the pic... and only the pic. I don't want to see any of your Photobucket stuff. I don't what to see your customizations to your Photobucket layout that you think is cool or trendy (that no one else cares about). I don't want to see ads that I have to close if my mouse passes over it. I want to see the darn pic! When you don't link to the pic "properly", you have to click on the pic to fully enlarge it. That's a two step process when there really only needs to be one. Call my lazy, I don't care. I know I'm lazy.

Now, the easiest way to do this is to never, NEVER, use any links for said pic other than "Direct Link" and "IMG Thumb" In fact I have never encountered a need to use any of the other links and never will. NOTE: The "IMG Thumb" option is not enabled by default, You have to edit your Photobucket settings to enable that option. If you don't know how to do that, please remember that Google and Photobucket are your friends. Anywho, normally when you use either of these options, the link will take you right to the pic, and only the pic. Now depending on your desktop resolution, the size of the pic, your browser and your browser settings, you may still need to click on the picture one more time to "full size" it. However if you used the other links that I don't use, this would require 3 clicks instead of 2.

Now lately, I've been seeing clickable thumbnails with the wrong code. They don't link straight to the pic. This either means that you are copying the "Email and IM" link and adding in the code manually or, if possible, have enabled another option in Photobucket that changes the "IMG Thumb" code from it's normal, default code. Please stop it. Bad poster, bad! ;)

I'm not trying to insult anyone, just to inform/instruct... and to vent one of my petty, pet peeves. That said, flame away if you must. I can take it.

Sunrider
11-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Weeeeeoooooowwwoooo Pull over poster pullover. Sorry officer but if you want to show people how to post the pics better you could make a how to & get someone to sticky it?:D

ARKM
11-03-2009, 05:35 PM
... but that would be spoonfeeding. ;)

DJMoonbass
11-03-2009, 09:28 PM
ooooh ARKM FOR THE WIN!

http://newsimg.ngfiles.com/39000/39610_you_win_inet.JPG