PDA

View Full Version : My second completed saber

Darth Midian
11-02-2009, 05:34 PM
Hi everyone. Here is my youngest daughters saber. It is my second completed saber. She wanted a purple one. It's a basic kit. A P4 white with a Lee Filter. I forget whitch purple it is. I'm using a 10 degree lens in it and four AAA's. She loves it. Now I just have to watch my two younglings and make sure they're not beating each other senseless, or nocking things over with them. My two older kids have to wait for thiers. My wife had reminded me that Christmas is around the corner, so my saber fundage is being redirected towards Christmas.:smile:

Vos Malek
11-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Very cool. :) My youngling still has a couple years till he's ready for one. Right now anytime he gets ahold of anything remotely that size he just beats everything with it.

Sairon
11-03-2009, 07:09 AM
Simple saber, yet still cool. Great job.

Darth Midian
11-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Thank you guys. My two youngest are 3 & 4 years old. After watching them run around the house with their sabers, I started to think maybe I should have waited a while before building them sabers. But they're kids, they're having fun. I just have to make sure they aren't beating anything or themselves.
I kept the kids sabers simple just because I knew they would abuse them, and they do. One of the two sabers is falling down the the stairs at least twice a day. I'll be finishing my two older kids sabers after Christmas they're 8 & 11. I kept their sabers simple just because they think they're awesome now but in a few months, who knows. You know how kids are. My son is the 11 year old, he's really starting to notice girls now. So you know where his mind is going. But I told him, after I finish my saber and other projects, we could work on upgrading his saber together as a father son project. He thinks that's a cool idea. He wants to build a Qui-Gon Jinn saber. That should be awesome.

cyvimny
11-03-2009, 06:26 PM
It is my second completed saber. She wanted a purple one. It's a basic kit. A P4 white with a Lee Filter

Jedi-Loreen
11-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Hmm. Is this a new kind of SPAMbot? ^^^ http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/images/smiles/eyebrows.gif

That copies and reposts part of a post above it? It bears watching.....

DJMoonbass
11-03-2009, 10:00 PM
wierd? hey anychance you could find out what color lee filter you used? i used a follies Pink Lee Filter and it gave a fantastic vibrant Fuscia Purple color. page 74. but i think i like your purple alot better

heres a pic heres a pic of mine.

Shadar Al'Niende
11-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Awww cute...you tucked in your saber for the night haha

DJMoonbass
11-03-2009, 10:11 PM
actually thats a pice of paper covering up the hilt as to not spoil my new saber design. will post as soon as ii get my TCSS package. so most likely this thursday

Darth Midian
11-04-2009, 08:30 AM
DJ, I really don't recall whitch color I used. I needed three filters and I cut one to small and wound up using the the whole page. I want to say it's dark purple page 66 I'm not sure. I marked that page number but the gel is gone. Mauve, page 67 is pretty close. But I know it's not it. Play with those colors. I'm really sorry I can't give the exact color I used. I hope the colors I did give you help.

DJMoonbass
11-05-2009, 11:50 AM
hey thanks DM. ill check them out. lee filters are really nice i love them. i know wish i had ordered more. like 10. lol