PDA

View Full Version : inside a Obi force action lightsaber

younso
11-01-2009, 01:09 PM
My son's Obi-Wan force action lightsaber has broken. I tried to open it up to see if something was losse (I could hear a noise when I shook it), but despite removing all of the screws it will not open fully. It seems to be welded shut at the end next to the extendable blade. I still managed to open it a bit and rumage aound inside, the result being other things fell out and now I cannot it get together.
I was wondering if there are any schematics for these lightsabers available? Anything to show how the things inside were supposed to be? How can I open the hilt properly?

cardcollector
11-01-2009, 03:01 PM
May I suggest a Dremel at the emmiter end?

The soundcard is about 3in up from the pommel.. Just cut away near the top somewhere...:D

younso
11-02-2009, 06:19 AM
just had an answer back from Hasbro saying that they will send me a new one or a smilar one if I return the old one :D :D :D!

Jedi-Loreen
11-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Nice.

Goltar Bias
11-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Nice to see they stand behind their products.

Rhyen Skytracker
11-02-2009, 07:32 PM
That is great. It is nice to know they stand behind a product that we use alot. Do you think they will exchange an empty hilt with a new saber? :D LOL

Darth Vane
11-03-2009, 12:46 AM
That is great. It is nice to know they stand behind a product that we use alot. Do you think they will exchange an empty hilt with a new saber? :D LOL

More than likley not man. lol

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
11-04-2009, 08:01 PM
Talking about them being a stand-up company, this is kind of off topic, but related. Hasbro was in the news around here recently.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Good_News/2009/10/20/11459601-sun.html

Pretty decent thing for them to do.

cardcollector
11-05-2009, 07:05 AM
Dang, that's alot of toys!

I won't feel bad buying hasbro sabers for the guts now...

Obi-Ben
11-05-2009, 10:20 PM
As a member of the Transformers fan community, I know Hasbro gets a LOT of complaints from people. It's good to know they aren't completely evil! :D

JediKenobi
05-26-2015, 07:14 PM
HI! Im from Argentina and I bought the same lightsaber in 2007. I tried to replace the batteries compartment, but ended up breaking the hilt to open in the middle the lightsaber. And I lost the switch button. I dont think Hasbro would replace or refund me the lightsaber because of the place where I live, and because its been too long since I bought the lightsaber. My plan is to weld again the small wires, adjust the spring, try to manufacture a new switch by molding some old plastics or with cold porcelain, screw again the saber, and glue the ring that goes under the hilt . It would help me a lot a schematic or photo of the interior of the saber, so I can see where each thing fits and how to specifically manufacture the switch. From already thank you very much