PDA

View Full Version : International Shipping and customs

Crystal Chambers
10-30-2009, 04:43 AM
Hey

I've been tracking my order to Canada and it was sent out of the USA but no tracking info after that since tuesday and it's friday.:confused: I think it's stuck in customs...:sad:

I would have thought TCSS would no some ways around this with the packaging so I hope it's going to be ok.

Anyone been through this?

Clockwork
10-30-2009, 05:00 AM
Oh yes- It used to not be such a big problem, but lately (all my orders since August) the packages into Canada have been stopped in customs for about 5 days at least, sometimes more. Once they are released from customs it shouldn't be a problem though. They usually arrive in Halifax 2 working days later.

Crystal Chambers
10-30-2009, 05:15 AM
Thanks neighbour!

Seeing this happen I'm glad I payed the extra for express.

Strydur
10-30-2009, 08:00 AM
Shoot..maybe we forgot to package it in the Jedi box that waves its hand at customs and says "this is not the package you want to charge customs fees on" :rolleyes:

All kidding aside, we have no way of controlling what your customs department does.

theJUDGE
10-30-2009, 12:05 PM
... lol

Crystal Chambers
10-30-2009, 02:07 PM
lol....I thought they may be concerned about what the parts for.

Strydur
10-30-2009, 02:12 PM
Oh.. we just put "nuclear device" for the part descriptions :D

We generally list them as flashlight parts etc..

Invisas1979
10-30-2009, 02:16 PM
Custom flashlight description is good for two things..... Stopping a postal geek from robbing my in transit custom lightsaber, and stopping my colleagues from ribbing me when it gets delivered to the office.

Unfortunately either way we get our pants pulled down by customs.

tullfan81
10-30-2009, 02:28 PM
on a related note. I have a package coming from Canada. It was shipped on the 19th of Oct. and it arrived in New Jersey on the 25th. There it has stayed...today is the 30th.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
10-30-2009, 07:09 PM
My first order from TCSS got hung up in customs in Vancouver for 9 days. That seems to have been a fluke. Every order since then has taken about a week.

Where in Canada are you? (Generally)

Crystal Chambers
11-01-2009, 03:46 AM
ouch...

I'm in Halifax.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
11-01-2009, 10:02 AM
Cool. Halifax is a nice city. We were there about five years ago. We found my wife's grandparent's immigration records at Pier 21. Rode the Harbour Hopper. Too cool.

I hope your package arrives soon. There's really not much you can do to prevent customs from delaying your stuff. One thing I will tell you about having things shipped from the US, is that if you have the choice, use USPS rather than UPS. UPS has dinged me about $40 for customs fees, every time I've used them, but only twice in many orders, has USPS hit me.

BTW, welcome to another Canadian. Our ranks are growing. Soon, we will be able to implement our invasion pla-...

Whoops. Did I say that out loud?

Never mind, folks. As you were.

Clockwork
11-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Don't worry Obi-Dar, I hid the plans in my R2 unit. Nobody would think of looking there.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
11-01-2009, 12:55 PM
And the Imperials won't fire on the escape pod either. ;)

ARKM
11-01-2009, 04:40 PM
BTW, welcome to another Canadian. Our ranks are growing. Soon, we will be able to implement our invasion pla-...

Whoops. Did I say that out loud?

Never mind, folks. As you were.

No worries. Us Yanks have had "Operation Leafblower" in the works for some time now. ;)

annon
11-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Sneaky Canadians...

I'm watching you.

Crystal Chambers
11-04-2009, 05:46 AM
Update....Once my shipment left Washington it took five days to arrive in Montreal. No stops or updates in between. 5 days is A LOT of plane fuel! hehe. So then it was in customs for a day and now it's back on track and should be here in a matter of a day or two....yay!

haha! You fools ...nations are just an illusion. They are only distractions by the global elite to make us "dance" while they rule us all...but eschelon (system) is listening and I've said too much.

Kant Lavar
11-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Crystal, I'm going to have to ask you to step over here. No, don't worry about those guys in black suits and shades. They don't mean any harm. Now, you may not know it, but I used to be a member of the American intelligence community... :cool:

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
11-04-2009, 08:24 PM
I used to be a member of the American intelligence community...

And I used to have intelligence. Now, I just spend a lot of time looking for my keys and my glasses.

Sairon
11-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Waiting sucks man, my parts crossed the border in two days, but they have taken a week to get it somewhere, still haven't got my parts since I ordered two weeks ago. It's driving me bonkers waiting!

Crystal Chambers
11-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Oh yeah...with all the money and anticipation I had trouble sleeping.

I got my parts now (yay!) and with express shipping, I ordered on a sunday, they went out monday morning, and was here in Halifax by thursday the following week.
I had to pay provincial taxes on it so my order of roughly $520 cost me an extra $72 at the post office when it arrived. Big order but I'm building two.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
11-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Glad you got your stuff. Isn't it just like Christmas when you get that box at your door?

Now get building, and post some pics!

Darth Midian
11-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Yes it is.

tullfan81
11-10-2009, 01:25 PM
<threadjack>

My package from Canada still hasn't arrived. It was mailed from Brockville, ON on the 20th of October. Today is the 10th of November. That puts it at 15 business days in transit. It entered the US on the 25th at 9:00am EST. The facility that it is at in New Jersey is less than 2 hours from my home. I've been in contact with the sender and the Post office and I'm waiting on the results of an investigation. I'm starting to think that something is rotten in Denmark...

</threadjack>

Crystal Chambers
11-10-2009, 04:09 PM
thanks...I'm all over it. the build is going better then planned and I'll be sure to post pics and info about the build in a few weeks..

Not a thread jack at all....hence the title. Hope your parts arrive soon and in good condition.

tullfan81
11-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Not a thread jack at all....hence the title. Hope your parts arrive soon and in good condition.

Thanks, I'm just concerned that I'm going to either get an exploded/waterlogged package, or a knock on my door from Homeland Security.

I just want to mod my Luke...ARRGH!!!

Rafalema
12-03-2009, 02:50 AM
Can anyone give me a link where to track?

Crystal Chambers
12-03-2009, 05:44 AM
log on in the store section and there will a a tracking link with your order info once it's processed.

Onli-Won Kanomi
12-03-2009, 06:21 AM
I got my parts now (yay!) and with express shipping, I ordered on a sunday, they went out monday morning, and was here in Halifax...

Sorry for the threadjack but I just noticed..."Halifax"?

Nice to see another Maritimer in the hobby. I live in T.O. now but grew up an hour away from Halifax in Bridgewater on the South Shore...took my first trip by myself to the 'Big City' at 13 y/o on a Grey Coach to see some strange new film called "Star Wars" in '77 in a little theatre not far from Historic Properties below the Citadel...yesterday I got my 'unicorn' saber a 'Ben Kenobi' from that same movie..how time flies..:-)

Anyways thought I'd give a 'shout out' to a Nova Scotia 'homegirl'...have a great day and MTFBWY lol

*...we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread already in progress...*

P.S. yeah the sales tax charges do svck but thats the rate I pay on orders too so at least they calculated it correctly...and I've also found that with orders from the US they seem to get to the border quickly but then takes a while getting delivered...the handoff from Customs to Canada Post seems slow...:-/

Crystal Chambers
12-03-2009, 08:23 AM
yeah!...I'm originally from the south shore too...the deep south..lol
There's a few of us on here. ...I spent some time where many of us call the darkside (across Halifax harbour in Dartmouth)..lol

On that order it appeared to be in flight for like 5 days..lol. Yeah customs handed off to Canada post to process and no update till 2 days later and they were delivering in town. They skipped an update or two.