PDA

View Full Version : Premium speaker in MR Luke ROTJ 2005

vorian89
10-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Can the premium speaker work with the battery pack for the MR Luke ROTJ 2005. I punctured the fabric for the stock speaker(dropped it). I checked to see if a wire was loose or something but i couldn't find anything. The premium speaker is simliar in size and should fit in the speaker well.

Novastar
10-28-2009, 10:11 PM
Possibly. It may be difficult to detach the original (now damaged) speaker from the 2005 batt/spk pack... but if you can do it and maintain the length of the speaker leads to solder... you should be ok.

vorian89
10-30-2009, 10:51 AM
I think there is just some silicone keeping it in place so it shouldn't be too hard to get it out. For the leads there is a little bit extra wire than i thought there would be. But thanks for the info.

Darth Securis
11-16-2009, 12:54 PM
I just used the TCSS speaker for a replacement on my MR Anakin and getting the old one out was a pain but it is possible. I found a tutorial somewhere on here that gave me insight. The TCSS speaker is thicker front to back so there was not quite enough room compared to the original speaker. I think that this is why the TCSS speaker is not as loud as the other MR Anakin that I have. It needs more room.

So it is possible and makes a decent replacement but in the same setup not quite as loud.

Lord Dottore Matto
11-17-2009, 12:11 AM
It will work and it is a simple swap out;)

DarthRevenchist89
11-24-2009, 10:46 PM
I did the same thing and the same problem. Well mine is a little weird for some reason various sections of the hilt won't stay tight, but i will try this to fix mine.