PDA

View Full Version : Second Concept with Parts List

Waek_Hyndarus
10-21-2009, 12:09 AM
If posting concepts like this is a neusance, then please, folks, let me know. It's not my intention. BUT! I have already figured out the taboo of double posting, so I'll just use a new thread. LOL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/WyoWolf17/Star%20Wars/HyndarusC-1.jpg

Similar to my original design, with a little bit of give and take.

MHS ribbed extension

LED blade holder style 18

MHS choke style 1 short

MPS Pommel style 4

2" Double female threaded connector

3/4" D-Ring

D-ring belt mount

MPS Insert style 6

MPS Clip

10-32 x 3/8" Red Acetal thumb screw

10-32 x 13/32" Thumb Screw

4-40 Nylon Screw

Graflex Red Button Replica Thumbscrew (when available)

1.5" Sink Tube

1" Female addapter

15 - 16 O-Rings

4 Button/Head Rivets

The problem with this design, in my mind, is the sink tube. I have a cheap cutting tool and dremmel. But I've tried using it and I suck beyond black hole magnitude at making good cuts. I may not even attempt this saber...but I'd love to try once I'm more confident in my dremmel cutting skills.

Jedi-Loreen
10-21-2009, 12:54 AM
It looks like you have the top button head screws (not rivets) and the red thumb screw and the switch, going through the threads between some of the parts. Not good. Especially with the switch.

Waek_Hyndarus
10-21-2009, 01:07 AM
Oof...now that you mention it....yeah, I do. That was one of the reasons I made such long hilts before, I wanted the look, but also wanted the screws. Guess it's back to the drawing board...again...:)

That's ok...designing is half the fun! I'm loving it. Don;t save most of them, as requested by the admins, but still fun.