PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars ...new series? Movies?

Crystal Chambers
10-19-2009, 03:16 PM
I saw a clip of George Lucus discussing his future plans and he mentions the Clone Wars series that is running now and a live action series (no jedi though). Haven't heard any mention of it since.

As for the movies they should make episode 7 with Luke teaching new jedi or the Solo children and their conflict.

Or..hehe...Jedi High....lol.....the jedi tv series! Padawan adventures.

Jedi-Loreen
10-19-2009, 03:18 PM
I don't want them to make anymore movies. Not yet, at least.

Uncle George will want to do it his way and all the EU stories that have been written will probably be thrown out the window.

Maybe after he's gone, someone else can revisit that idea.

Crystal Chambers
10-19-2009, 03:53 PM
He did mention he had alot of new star wars movies/series he wanted to do. I can't imagine if the franchise continues after his death ( I'm sure it will) and it went bad that would suck.

Maybe the idea for the live action series got thrown out. I mean no Jedi?

I just don't wanna have to wait like the time between episode 6 - 1. That was like 16 years!

beggarsoutpost
10-19-2009, 05:10 PM
He did mention he had alot of new star wars movies/series he wanted to do. I can't imagine if the franchise continues after his death ( I'm sure it will) and it went bad that would suck.

Maybe the idea for the live action series got thrown out. I mean no Jedi?

I just don't wanna have to wait like the time between episode 6 - 1. That was like 16 years!
No mention... I've heard it's going to be shot in Australia.. It's being produced by Rick McCullum... who said that it would be like a cross between Deadwood and the Sopranos in space... There was a teaser poster at San Diego Comic con that featured a photo of Boba Fett's helmet... Steve Sansweet anounced that the show would premiere in 2012 at Dragon Con 2009 and that the show would center on Boba Fett and the under belly of the Star Wars Galaxy... and though he would not confirm it, he said we should expect to here from Danial Logans camp any day now.... I have also heard that John Willams has time marked off on his calender with a note that says Star Wars TV show.... I'm pretty sure this show is happening....

Jedi-Loreen
10-19-2009, 07:28 PM
Guess who wants to play Boba Fett?

Daniel Logan, of course.

He's one of my Facebook and MySpace friends. He invited me to join a Facebook group called "People who want Daniel Logan as young Boba Fett in Star Wars Live TV Series"

I've met him. My Fan Force group (since we are Orange County California) started an "Unofficial Star Wars Fan Day at Disneyland" 6 years ago, as a way to protest the fact that they won't let us have a Star Wars Weekend like they have at Walt Disney World. We have people come out from all over California, Nevada and Arizona for this.

A couple of years ago, he came out to hang out with us when we did our group photo in front of Sleeping Beauty's castle. He heard about it on "Mouse Chat", Disneyland's official message forum.

He's a nice guy.
http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/z12E0/hash/8q2anwu7.gifhttp://static.ak.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/z12E0/hash/8q2anwu7.gif

Crystal Chambers
10-20-2009, 08:57 AM
Cool...time flies. He's no kid anymore. I guess it depends on the age of Boba and if Daniel can pass for that age.

"It's a small world after all"

Scum_and_Villainy
10-20-2009, 09:38 AM
He did mention he had alot of new star wars movies/series he wanted to do.

If they're anything like the "brilliance" of the Prequels and that God-awful Clone Wars show, he can just keep those ideas to himself. It's beyond clear that George has lost his touch.

cardcollector
10-20-2009, 09:41 AM
If they're anything like the "brilliance" of the Prequels and that God-awful Clone Wars show, he can just keep those ideas to himself. It's beyond clear that George has lost his touch.

HEY, I happen to enjoy both the prequels AND the animated clone wars show!:D

Anything that expands the SW universe (as thought by the creator) is great.

JediMedic
10-20-2009, 10:58 AM
I have to admitt, I did not want to like the Clone Wars Movie or the TV show, but being deployed, I bought copies of them out of sheer boredom, and I must admit, I enjoyed them. I agree with the above post, anything that expands the universe and the lore is generally a good thing. I particularly liked seeing the various planets and cultures that before had only been referenced. There's so much to explore.

I will admitt some of the character development and plots do require a very open mind to accept. Such as the episode where Dooku, ObiWan and Anakin are all detained in the pirate base together. Difficult at best to imagine, though somewhat comical. I hope they take step it up this season tying the characters closer to their movie portrayal. Anakin needs to stop being such a goody goody, he needs that dark streak, otherwise he's just another Jedi.

Jester
10-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Although I understand that the point to alot of things these days is to make money, I think Lucas has gone alittle far. Just take a walk through a "toy" store. Everything he does is to make mommy and daddy have to shell out for the next little thing that comes along that says star wars on it. Star wars transformers come on.
The clone wars series just points more to it in my opinion. Although I can admit that I have enjoyed some episodes, few and far in between. I cant seem to get beyond the screw ups in some of the story lines and the way some charachtors are portrayed.
Asoka half the time goes back and forth between the new Jar Jar and a Jedi that has a good future for lack of a better way of putting it.

JediMedic
10-20-2009, 12:02 PM
I agree with you there to a point. My biggest bone of contention is Lego Star Wars...What do the 2 have to do with one another at all? LOL But they were hawking action figures back when Episode IV came out, that's nothing new.

And yes, the Clone Wars is mainly marketed towards a new generation of SW fans, hence the "lighter" feel a lot of the stories have. Personally, I hope it "grows up" a little this next season. And really hope Lucas will eventually move away from the CW and begin to fill in the "Rise of the Empire" era in between Episodes III-IV. This rumored Boba Fett series will hopefully do some of that.

psab keel
10-27-2009, 09:26 PM
I hope George Lucas will start making experimental films like THX-1138 like he said he was interested in making once Episode III was complete. I want to believe he still has that rebel filmmaker in him and that he can still make something that defies convention and inspires our imaginations. I think he's outgrown Star Wars and he should let other people tell their stories within the rich universe he's created.

I have mixed opinions on the prequels, and have zero interest in a live action series, and don't care for the Clone Wars cartoon. (The Tartovsky Clone Wars was fantastic though, but I don't like the 3-D Cartoon at all.)

Star Wars is bigger than George Lucas, and I think it's time he moved on creatively.

Scum_and_Villainy
10-27-2009, 09:55 PM
HEY, I happen to enjoy both the prequels AND the animated clone wars show!:D

Anything that expands the SW universe (as thought by the creator) is great.

My beef comes from the whole retcon thing that both the Prequels and the Clone Wars show do. It drives me insane, but that's because I've been following the EU since '95. A lot of stuff has been changed, and I prefer the original stuff as opposed to George's new stuff. I honestly don't think much of him when it comes to films anymore, and that's not just with the PT... I'm talking Indy 4, as well. Some concepts, I just find to be too silly.

But those are my personal tastes. I realize not everyone is going to share them. I just feel the focus is more on the money than it is on telling a decent story.

Eco
10-29-2009, 08:26 AM
What bothered me most about CWs was how they changed the voice actor for Jar-Jar halfway through the first season. Sounds pathetic.

Really hoping season 2 matures the series a bit.

cardcollector
10-29-2009, 10:52 AM
My beef comes from the whole retcon thing that both the Prequels and the Clone Wars show do. It drives me insane, but that's because I've been following the EU since '95. A lot of stuff has been changed, and I prefer the original stuff as opposed to George's new stuff. I honestly don't think much of him when it comes to films anymore, and that's not just with the PT... I'm talking Indy 4, as well. Some concepts, I just find to be too silly.

But those are my personal tastes. I realize not everyone is going to share them. I just feel the focus is more on the money than it is on telling a decent story.

Right, everyone has different tastes, and I'm not a first generation fan so I may not appreciate the original stuff as much as I should.

It is nice to look forward to new stuff every week, I agree with eco too. It needs to grow up.