PDA

View Full Version : Hey All!

Waek_Hyndarus
10-18-2009, 12:25 AM
Howdy!

Well, I'm new to the scene, but not new to Star Wars or to Lightsabers. Not the most knowledgable, but I love to design them and hope to get one made...-cough-...one day.

But for now, hello to all and a quick question!

I've been using the Hilt Builder and have come up with some designs that I honestly love. But I keep seeing these hilts with custom outer shells, as I call them. like....this one, by Do-Clo, the Proton Saber: Proton Saber (http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f217/Do-Clo/100_0685.jpg). It's the thin metal that covers the outside of the hilt and adds some cool aesthetics. Guessing it's sink pipe, but...

How do I get that here? And can I make it on the builder? Is there someone I need to talk to, or is it a do-it-yourself project?

Thanks all in advance!

Waek

Jedi-Loreen
10-18-2009, 01:28 AM
Welcome.

Yes most people make shrouds or overlays using sink tube.

You can buy the full pieces of sink tube in the Store, but it will not be pre-cut with any designs, you have to do that yourself.

Every saber is different, it would be hard to come up with a few designs that would work in different hilt configurations.

Amptrooper
10-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Welcome to the forum! Lots to learn here! TCSS offers the sink tube. As Jedi- Loreen said, it is just the tube. That leaves you to use your imagination and make the greatest shroud the saber community has ever seen! :D Oh yeah, we call them shrouds. ;) Good luck and God bless!

Shadar Al'Niende
10-18-2009, 03:19 PM
I call them overlays :rolleyes:

I think that is why, J-LO called them both ;)

$tarkiller
10-19-2009, 07:25 AM
Welcome to the forum! But I suggest doing a little moe reading before you ask questions lke this. It could have easily been answered ny using the search function. Again, welcome to your new addiction!

Waek_Hyndarus
10-19-2009, 11:37 AM
Hey, Starkiller. I'm coming here from a sword forum that I've been part of for years. And we have the same thing happen...folks ask an old question when they could have searched it.

The problem was....I had no idea what to call the shroud! lol But, I do now, hehe. Guess that could have been fixed with some reading too. :)

$tarkiller
10-27-2009, 12:36 PM
Thats what happens when you read! You learn, and it looks like you have been learning alot! We cant wait to see your first saber!