PDA

View Full Version : new saber design...

Raith
10-14-2009, 07:50 AM
ok, i have been toying with this design for a few days now, and i'm looking for some input... any comments, critiques or questions welcome and appreciated...

Darth_DevilGuy
10-14-2009, 09:08 AM
never been a big fan of Katar's, about the least versatile weapon design I could think of, that said it's not bad, you could use the tonfa attachments to make it, though getting the threads to align would be tricky.

Raith
10-14-2009, 09:20 AM
yeah, i was thinking about the tonfa adapters for the center handle... didn't think of the threads not lining up though... hmmm.... will need to plan a bit for that...

i also need to plan a way to make the rear supports go around the forearm, but be tight enough to keep the blades stablized.

I may use this saber design for a character i'm working on... would probably need to have a cortosis weave gauntlet to protect the arm from getting severed due to the lack of mobility.

DragonStar
10-14-2009, 11:03 AM
impsmisky is just a spambot. One post, with commercial links in his sig and random gibberish in the reply. I reported it using the red triangle icon.

As for your saber, I think it's cool to see unique/unusual designs. Personally, I would find such a weapon quite awkward to use. But if you have a vision for it and it inspires you, go for it. It will certainly look impressive once lit.

Jedi-Loreen
10-14-2009, 11:14 AM
SPAMbot gone now. I took care of it. :twisted:

Hasid Lafre
10-14-2009, 12:00 PM
A katar would be diffacult to do as alignmen problems will come up, but for the forarm stablizing I would look into say a strap of sorts thats attached to say a vambrace, duelability it would be string but it would be a pain to create a style to make it worthwhile.

Raith
10-14-2009, 03:06 PM
A katar would be diffacult to do as alignmen problems will come up, but for the forarm stablizing I would look into say a strap of sorts thats attached to say a vambrace, duelability it would be string but it would be a pain to create a style to make it worthwhile.

hadn't thought of attatching the saber to a vambrace... that just might work... lol

and thank you j-lo for taking care of that spambot...

Shadar Al'Niende
10-14-2009, 09:38 PM
Are you looking to do something akin to this (http://media.photobucket.com/image/plo%20koon/callais74/PloKoonConcept/PloKoonConceptBattleLSaber24.jpg)?

Raith
10-15-2009, 11:44 AM
yes, something very similar to that... just instead of the rear handle, that would be more of a brace...