PDA

View Full Version : Twin, Single Handed Dual Bladed Sabers?

Totaloverride
05-12-2006, 05:58 AM
I have an idea that seems pretty cool. Im thinking, a single handed double sided saber. Make the blades about 20", so that way they are easy to monouver. but have 2. The overall length per saber will prolly be about 46-47"

Hows that sound?

<center><font color="green">Do or Do Not, There is not try.</font id="green"></center>

james3
05-12-2006, 06:47 AM
Give it a go! I played around with that myself but I could not get the right balance of hilt/blade that I was looking for. It would be way cool to do as I did a set for my brother-in-law out of PVC a year or so ago and he loves them. Are you thinking MHS with a blade holder on each end of the hilt? The emitter 3 or 4 would look way cool set up like that.

<center>http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e370/Dadof3/James3sig.jpg</center>

supertrogdor
05-12-2006, 07:38 AM
you might find this helpfulhttp://led.linear1.org/led.wiz
it will let you figure what resistor you will need for 2 LEDs and offer you a wiring diagram to boot

Totaloverride
05-12-2006, 07:34 PM
HOLLAR!!! lol. i was thinkin of splitin a sink tube in half and there ya go...2 hilts.

<center><font color="green">Do or Do Not, There is not try.</font id="green"></center>

james3
05-12-2006, 07:58 PM
That would be cool, I would think with the hilt that short you may have an issue with not enough grip room but if your not looking to spin them or anything fancy that would work out nice.

I am excited to see how they come out.

<center>http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e370/Dadof3/James3sig.jpg</center>

Totaloverride
05-13-2006, 10:19 AM
yeah i was thinkin that actually just because there are two hilts with dual blades it will be its own complete style.

edit: oh yeah, im finishing up my single blade right now, it may be some time before this design is done. i have a pic in my album of the one im workin on now.(just a little sketch)

Novastar
04-19-2007, 01:54 PM
I would love to see something like this LED staff-wise...

The smallest I've been able to make so far is a 17" hilt for a double-bladed, resistor-powered saber. It has two independent switches for each LED, and is powered by a 3.6v Li-Ion on either side--red-orange Lux III LEDs. Mainly 1.25" OD for the whole thing.

I could *maybe* wire up one that is 15" or 16", but that would be pushing it. Or, I could try to use other batteries and skip the dual recharge port thing.

Strydur
04-20-2007, 05:13 PM
Like this?

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/forum/images/doublesaber.jpg

Ryma Mara
04-20-2007, 07:01 PM
That would make a prity cool hilt in itself

Lord Maul
04-20-2007, 07:20 PM
dang, that's small. i bet you could make it even smaller by taking out the ribbed extensions and putting in just the blank 3 inch joiners pieces.

chase
04-24-2007, 07:35 PM
it would be awesome but really hard to do anything with. i think the blades would hit eachother a lot. if you want to do it, more power to you man. i dont think i would be able to pull it off without hitting myself! haha

Jedi-Loreen
04-24-2007, 08:36 PM
How would the blades hit each other when they are coming out of the hilt on opposite ends? http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/confused0050.gif

darthdan
04-24-2007, 10:55 PM
I think the idea was to have one for each hand. That's four blades to keep track of...

chase
04-25-2007, 10:09 AM
thanks darthdan....thats exactly what i was talking about. id like to try the double double lightsabers...i dont have the money to make two of them though. if i did, i would have TONS of lightsabers!

Ryma Mara
04-25-2007, 12:11 PM
YEah twin doubles would be hard to keep track of. Maybe have one set of blades shorter like maybe 12" and the other 2 blades 34". would be more managable IMO.

I was thinking of something like that one time but dismised the idea as Iw ould rather stick with single sabers.

chase
04-25-2007, 02:26 PM
ooo!!! or maybe one hand have the double blade and one hand have a single! that would be so much easier, but if you dont want it to be easy,...it would be impossible to hit someone with two double blades...im just imagining it. it would be like trying to hit one of those sith from jedi knight: jedi academy with the double blade. anyone know what im talking about?

Novastar
04-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Like this?

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/forum/images/doublesaber.jpg
Tight! Love it!

Only, you know me and the whole recessed buttons gear-bedge. :)

Plus, is that just resistor only (mine is too)?

How long is the staff hilt--about 15" or so?

Ryma Mara
04-27-2007, 12:00 AM
13 somthing inches long

kinchar bamin
07-25-2007, 04:15 AM
it would take the skill of someone from dynasty warriors, or darth maul to weild 2 double bladed saber without loosin a diget or something else vital :wink:

Darth Tollo
07-25-2007, 09:15 AM
I am currently working on doing Shado's lightsaber from SW Legacy. It looks and is used as a sigle most the time but there is another blade. I'm doing it out of MHS peices and it will be between 13.5 and 14.5 inches.

Bescherman
09-12-2007, 08:46 AM
I wanted to get into glow staff building for staff spinners. Much like what you've made but with a totally plain hilt with a thin tube of silicone over it for grip. I played with a breadboard and built a simple strobe circuit I found too as they look great in spinning staffs. However I ran out of capital so the project is currently on hold!!!

As for the whole "double staff in each hand" thing, NO problem. I do a lot of double staff spinning with fire. I use 4' firestaffs but I could get away with 5-6' in each hand I reckon. Obviously the hilts would have to be as short as possible to get more blade vs hilt length.

I had a play with a full double maul (7') in one hand and an anakin in the other last night. it was JUST about doable but the maul is SO f***ing long (and heavy after you've already done half hour of play) that it's really difficult.

I have seen a vid of this on youtube but TBH it was a bit lame. It mostly involved spinning one, with the other behind your back, then the other. There's better techniques for spinning with double staffs.

I'm gonna get back on the staff building project for my own benefit and just start really simple and build it up. No soundboard helps to keep the length down at least.

I've got a Ultrasound converted double maul (STEVE in each hilt) coming soon so I might try and do a short vid of a Maul in each hand (as I have a stock FX maul) just for a laugh. I'll post it if I do.

kinchar bamin
09-13-2007, 09:01 AM
make sure that you do :)

barjedi
10-04-2007, 08:45 PM
i've been hawaiian fire knife dancing for a while... once you get the basic spins down, doubles are not as hard as they look. it's just a matter of getting it smooth. i spin single 5' fire staff most of the time, but my doubles are 3'6" each. it can be a quite a challenge when starting out but i think it's rad that you are liiking to spin short staves!!!

if you check out youtube, you can search "double fire staff" and you will find lots of vids.

Bescherman
10-05-2007, 05:59 PM
i've been hawaiian fire knife dancing for a while...

Fire AND knives! DOUBLE dangerous!!!

All you need to do is add chainsaws in at the same time and you've got a world beating act! ;)

barjedi
10-08-2007, 08:40 PM
it's not so bad, the woosh of the flames indicate the location of the dangerous cutting parts. :D
the chainsaws sound like fun... can i light them on fire?

seriously though, if you get into doubles there are lost of vids you can find online and try to search for kali eskrima (sp)... you can find lots of tutorials for short staffs all over the net!!! check some of the fire dancing sites... watch out it's addictive

Novastar
10-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Hey, you guys should try my sound fonts (via Erv's board)... "Phoenix Pyre Sword" and "Chainsaw".

Pretty fun, and a bit safer to juggle, hehehe....