PDA

View Full Version : Starwars 3d!!!!!!!!!

DJMoonbass
10-13-2009, 06:40 PM
:shock::shock::shock: heard on my news TV station that Starwars is going 3D...:eek: is this new news or old news? lol, i thought man that would be so cool. seeing a tie fighter blow up in the middle of the theater and watching the flacon zoom right into your face. lol. just thought id share:razz:. oh heres a link:cool:

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NExZHFxy4dPYBD

sithlordfaust
10-13-2009, 07:23 PM
you heard it on the news tonight?

the last article I can find on the subject is from 2005
including the one you linked.

My father inlaw is in the biz, Ill ask him if hes heard anything

DJMoonbass
10-13-2009, 08:13 PM
wierd. yeah it was announced on katu this morning.

annon
10-13-2009, 09:14 PM
I heard about this before. The proponents of the 3D have a chicken and egg problem. The studios don't want to invest in 3D movies if the theaters wont show them, and the theaters don't want to buy new projectors if there aren't that many 3D movies. :rolleyes:

Maybe Lucas has enough clout to push it threw...I don't know.

But, boy, would I love to see Star Wars in 3D! 8)

Goltar Bias
10-13-2009, 10:03 PM
I would hope they do it with the new digital projectors and the 3d glasses the use polarized lenses instead of the old red blue or blue green lenses(which gave me an instant headache) , the new 3d technology would make it look so freaking awesome in 3d. Imagine and lightsaber battle scene where they point them at the screen.

Jasten Skywalker
10-14-2009, 08:32 AM
I've been looking everywhere and I can't find any recent news about this. I really hope it's happening though.

Shadar Al'Niende
10-14-2009, 09:20 AM
What is the website for your local news channel DJ?

Obi-Ben
10-17-2009, 08:23 PM
The films weren't filmed in 3D, so aside from CG special effects, I don't see how this is possible.

Eco
10-18-2009, 06:30 PM
The films weren't filmed in 3D, so aside from CG special effects, I don't see how this is possible.

Neither was Toy Story, or Toy Story 2. But they're both in 3D now.
The OT may be a different story, but the Prequel Trilogy was shot almost entirely in CGI environments (Excluding TPM). I don't see what the difficulty would be in doing Toy-Story-fication to the Prequels.