PDA

View Full Version : NSCFCD#2 -- It's all DONE!!!

Novastar
10-10-2009, 03:53 AM
WOO-HOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!!!!!!!

God that took FOREVER. Man... am I glad it's over, lol. :) At the same time, I'm looking forward to being able to even ENJOY... uh... my own work!!! :)

SO here we have it:

* 13 fonts by myself (2 of which are essentially "collaborations")
* 4 fonts by other artists
* 1 of the fonts (Ep II) has a fully darkside & lightside version...

It doesn't quite add up to the 20 fonts on CD#1... but that's how it goes! Here they are:

LIGHTWHIP
PLASMA BLADE
[Special Font #1--not tellin'!!]
RESBLADE
SW EP II RE-MASTERED
SW EP III Obi-Ani
SW EP III Sidious
SW EPISODE IV RE-MASTERED
SW EPISODE V RE-MASTERED
CORBIN'S "KILLER BEE" (concept by Corbin, mixing by Novastar)
SW TFU STARKILLER (special thanks to Bin Adam!)
THRASHER! (by Novastar & FenderBender from VadersVault...)[Special Font #2--not tellin'!!]
[Special Font #2--not tellin'!!]

The two fonts I didn't have time for:

* Crystalline Workshop (Madcow says he might be making something similar anyhow, so... look for that from him too!!)

* Elemental: Earth (this font has just been BUGGIN' me for a long time and... I just couldn't quite complete it, despite making some headway on it)
I hope to release these at a later date. Probably for free! :)

Guest fonts:

Anatim's EP III Font
Mongrel (by Eastern57)
SteamPunk (by Eastern57)
Reaver (by Shadeslinger of FX)

Other guest fonts weren't able to be added... mainly due to SPACE right now, actually!! I *just* realized that the CD#2 is full ONCE AGAIN, even though I expected it would NOT take up as much room. LOL. Check this out:

CD #1 = "695Mb" ---> 703 Mb (737,259,520 bytes) -- because of all the extra folders!!!
CD #2 = "696Mb" ---> 698 Mb (732,499,968 bytes)!!! -- because their are much less physical folders...

Hahahahah!! How funny. Basically same size... but... not. :)

Just SOME of the video extras:

* The 4-part CF Wiring Guide Tutorial (by Nova & Gundam)
* Prince LED (Video AND Music + some extras)
* "The 250 Battle" (this was also on CD#1, so it's a bonus!)

That's all for now... I have a TON of work still to do, also some things for Erv, my ankle is still messed up... it's 4:00am... and I have to teach classes @ around 10am... yeesh...

--Novastar

P.S. ****WHEW****

sekrogue1985
10-10-2009, 06:25 AM
sweet!!!!!!!! now where's the link to buy it!

$tarkiller
10-10-2009, 07:35 AM
Yes! What he said!

Novastar
10-10-2009, 07:53 AM
It'll come out with CF basically on the 24th... maybe I'll have the ability to buy the CD on my site a bit before then though... we'll see.

Probably same price as the 1st CD $38.11, although there will be some deals going on with bundling (at least on Erv's site... hopefully mine too).

<-- off to teach classes.

FenderBender
10-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Sweet. Yes, the ability to buy before hand would be great, especially for the CF Aff.;)

Mcich
10-11-2009, 12:51 AM
I definitely want a cd#2, I will get a replacement cd#1 another day, best of all I get paid on the 23rd :D sweeeeeet!

can't wait to test out those new fonts, going to have to buy more micro SD cards now!!!!

DJMoonbass
10-11-2009, 08:49 PM
so is the plasma blade for the plasma sword from halo? i really want that sound it makes when you turn it on for an activation sound for a saber... im looking forward to this... so the CF comes out the 24th? i didnt get a newsletter inform.

Novastar
10-15-2009, 04:08 AM
Well, it turns out I'm not... like... TOTALLY 100% done. I mean... I was done... but... only like... "completely done". Not totally uber-completely done, lol... :D

I'm half-teasing, but... well... the GOOD NEWS IS:

* Eastern's "Assassin" font is on there, and bloody 'ell is it COOL!!! THANKS EASTERN57!!!!

* Bin Adam and I worked together a bit, and he might be building a "Felusia"-style TFU font for the #2 CD!! Now... if that one comes out--I highly recommend it over my own... since HE knows the game left, right and up & down. I've never played it. No playstation + no time...

The "quasi-bad news":

* I had to re-mix Episode II "Lightside"... AGAIN. Which was a big fat "fail". So... it needs to be done... AGAIN AGAIN! :)

* My TFU Starkiller font had some bugs to get fixed

* Ep III Sidious needed some tweaks too, but it sounds even better now...

But hopefully I'm still good with the 10/24/09 release...

sekrogue1985
10-15-2009, 07:58 AM
wahhhhh well no matter it'll still be worth the wait!

Eco
10-15-2009, 08:20 AM
Not sure if this is where I should post it, but maybe for CD#3, what about a font that uses the seismic charges from AOTC as the ignition sound, and a a matching style font?

Novastar
10-20-2009, 01:23 AM
1. Burned the 411 onto ~20 CD#2s (thus far)...
2. L-Scribed 'em...
3. Sending about 15-20 to Erv...
4. Trying to have enough to be ready...
5. SPECIAL VIDEO comin' out on the 23rd!!!

Let the record drop on the 24th, baby!

The CD will be up on my site a LITTLE early b/c I'll be in L.A. this weekend. Deals for the CD will be the same, so... for the time being, my recommend is:

* IF you live in Europe... start by trying to buy from Erv.
* IF you live in the U.S. or Canada or Mexico (that sort of thing)... start by trying to buy from my site.
* IF you live on Mars or Tattoiine, the CD will be sent en masse by a certain YT-1300, masquerading as spice. It may take a while to get to you.

Han bought first.

:D

--Nova

DJMoonbass
10-22-2009, 01:13 PM
Not sure if this is where I should post it, but maybe for CD#3, what about a font that uses the seismic charges from AOTC as the ignition sound, and a a matching style font?

i am building this one on protools. im going to rip it from the movie. since afterall the explosion is completly by itself if i remember correctly. no music just the ka bloing! put it as a wave file, work it a bit. then convert it to RAW. im still having a freind help me since theres some bit rate issues and stuff to also do for it for CF compatiability. but yes once done it should be cool. it will just be an activation sound.

nova i will ask is this okay for me to do? i would really like to try it but after all you do sell the CFSC. i dont want to make anyone mad ANYMORE.

Novastar
10-23-2009, 02:51 AM
Han Bought FIRST!! :)

The CD#2 is there guys... enjoy, have a look, and don't miss the end of the vid too... some good lovin'.

Ohh... oops... some things I neglected to note:

* People should initially buy from ME if they are in U.S. ... and from ERV if in Europe (or that area)
* Deals will be the same (essentially) on both ends
* The deals MIGHT not be "forever"... (that is for CF+CD bundles or even CD1&2 bundles)

Well... there ya have it! :) ENJOY!!!

EDIT: Oh... and enjoy this video... all for FUN + celebrating CF:

"CF-- WILL IT BLEND?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnuIoFb_suA

eastern57
10-23-2009, 05:42 AM
Whoa, dude! Nice. I don't know what you call it, but you did it! ;D Good Lovin'!

Thanks for the shout! ;)

sekrogue1985
10-23-2009, 06:09 AM
done done and done! now to just wait to get it in the mail....

Novastar
10-23-2009, 06:30 AM
Whoa, dude! Nice. I don't know what you call it, but you did it! ;D Good Lovin'!Oh, the tricking moves? It was butterfly twist (B-twist) + swing thru gainer (s/t gainer)!

Basically, the first move is the thing Darth Maul (Ray Park) does in EP I... plus a "kick through" flip with the leg that doesn't land (my right in this case).

Thanks for the shout! ;)WHATEVER, bro!!!! THANKS FOR THE AWESOME FONTS!! People will *love* those 3 you got on there!! :) I especially dig Assassin. That was worth adding it there in the 11th hour, hahahah!

Jedi-Loreen
10-23-2009, 05:31 PM
You have Lightscribe? I have that on my CD/DVD burner, too. :)

Novastar
11-12-2009, 10:28 AM
It was asked by someone: "Why $38.11? It seems like an arbitrary and odd price..."

[quote author=eastern57]THX 1138. $11.38 is practically giving them away... so he swapped it. $38.11[/endquote]

This is all quite correct! :) Additionally, "1138" has been used all over the place as a general homage to Lucas (for fun). Even in Ep IV, Luke (as an ST) mentions that Chewie is a "prisoner transfer from cell block 1138"... :)

~ Matt Damon typed this in as the code for the door panel in "Ocean's 11".
~ Roman numerals "MCXXXVIII" is 1138... that was in Indiana Jones' grail diary book (or whatever, his father's book) in the library scene, lol...
~ The game Duke Nukem 3d made a reference to this as well...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1138_(number (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1138_%28number))

In BOP II, one of the STs is TK-1138. The other is TK-1977. :) And Necrolosis was TK-666, hahhahah.

The price of CD #2 (when bundled) is $19.77... the year EP IV was released. :)

I did all this just to have some further fun with things. Just because I could... :smile:

erv
11-14-2009, 03:51 AM
Prior the final install of a hilt, I was just making a little mod in a leds.txt file nova provided with one of his package when he was working on his Flange something CD...

s11=0010
d11=1138

I have to check but you might find more of those easter eggs on Nova's CD :lol: ;-)