PDA

View Full Version : 2010 FX Sabers

Halcyon, K
10-05-2009, 07:34 PM
I just got back from Mid-Ohio Comic Con and while I was there, I talked to a vendor about the FX series. (I also bought an Obi TPM) He said that he just put in pre orders for Ventress in, I believe, October and Ahsoka in December. Both of 2010.; Just thought I'd share.

FenderBender
10-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Ahsoka? Alright!

Eco
10-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Ahsoka? Wow!
That's going to either be really Epic, or really lame!

(Mah bad, LM.)

Raith
10-05-2009, 08:26 PM
nice, i hope they make them look good, more life-like than tha cartoons... but eitherway, cool. i'd like to know what they are going to use for the blade lighting...

Jedi-Loreen
10-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Why would they change anything? People like the sequential blade ignition, retraction thing.

They are marketed to regular people, not just saber geeks like us. :p

Raith
10-05-2009, 11:19 PM
true, i guess i didn't think of it that way. can't wait to get some money, so i can actually get my new collection started... lol

Alcfalath
10-05-2009, 11:21 PM
btw Ventress is due out THIS december... check the pre order dates online.

Kal El Rah
10-06-2009, 12:19 AM
btw Ventress is due out THIS december... check the pre order dates online.

You beat me to it. But it might be January for the Ventress.:confused:

Onli-Won Kanomi
10-06-2009, 05:48 AM
AHA I knew that Ahsoka would be next...Corporate-think is to leverage media 'synergy' for the MASS market not produce what WE 'hardcore' saber fans might want so Ventress and Ahsoka who have a series out NOW comes before Qui-Gon or Sidious who are 'old news' to the corporate marketeers and beancounters obsessed with ROI eh?

Heck if TOR is a big success they might make a saber for THAT before they make a Qui who's a 'minor character only seen once ten years ago so who cares about him' [in their mindset].

So we get the [admittedly interesting design] saber of one of the most annoying characters in SW before one of the favourites of serious fans...sad, but predictable.

sekrogue1985
10-06-2009, 10:07 AM
rawr...okay i like the idea of ahsoka's hilt and the fact that we finally have another green lightsaber but come one give me a qui gon.

$tarkiller
10-06-2009, 10:33 AM
It seems to me tht they would want to bring the mace back, as well as modify the Anakin AOTC so that it wasnt a POS.

DJMoonbass
10-06-2009, 10:38 AM
yes ahsoka!!! and i cant wait for the ventress! and now it seems i will have to get an obi TPM because my friend is giving me his double bladed maul saber that has a crap load of burnt out LEDs. so if thats the case then i hope they do qui gon too. i have to keep my collection up.

Jedi-Loreen
10-06-2009, 12:06 PM
By now, people here should know that the LEDs in FX blades don't "burn out", the solder connections break from impact to the blade. :rolleyes:

cardcollector
10-06-2009, 02:09 PM
OK, Why doesn't FX make a Qui-gon!?!?!?!?:(

DJMoonbass
10-06-2009, 02:14 PM
By now, people here should know that the LEDs in FX blades don't "burn out", the solder connections break from impact to the blade. :rolleyes:

i know that... i could say the are alot of broken connection LEDs in the blade or i could say:

burnt out.

easy choice. lol,

YES ME WANT QUI GON!

sekrogue1985
10-06-2009, 03:34 PM
OK, Why doesn't FX make a Qui-gon!?!?!?!?:(

because hasbro hates you!

JK

DJMoonbass
10-07-2009, 11:04 AM
lol haha.

when the ahsoka comes out I CALL MAKING THE FIRST CONVERSION JOB! its mine. i call it. i call it cuz its mine. :D;)

annon
10-07-2009, 03:54 PM
Do or do not, there is no calling :p

Lord Preston
10-07-2009, 04:50 PM
Oh snap. He's right.

sekrogue1985
10-07-2009, 05:07 PM
lol haha.

when the ahsoka comes out I CALL MAKING THE FIRST CONVERSION JOB! its mine. i call it. i call it cuz its mine. :D;)

LDM will do it before you! you know he will...and i'll take it just like i did the obi...oh wait there'll be a baby in the house by then...NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Raith
10-07-2009, 11:49 PM
Sek, i have to agree with you, i think LDM will be one of the first 3 people to do a conversion... lol

DJMoonbass
10-13-2009, 07:08 PM
i dunno. i just took out about 250 from my car fund and pre ordered two of them. plus ive got CNC machines at my college.... and autodesk inventor pro 2010. which has a direct Mastercam X3 import. sweet! so LDM you are on my friend. ;)

Lord Dottore Matto
10-14-2009, 03:42 PM
so LDM you are on my friend. ;)

Prepare for major PWNage.:lol: It shall be done within 3 hours of the time it arrives at my door...unless that is on a tuesday, then it will be done within 27 hours. LDM is always first and all of the forces of good in the universe combined is no match for my Dark side conversion-fu. Muahahahahahahahhaha....

Raith
10-14-2009, 03:48 PM
Prepare for major PWNage.:lol: It shall be done within 3 hours of the time it arrives at my door...unless that is on a tuesday, then it will be done within 27 hours. LDM is always first and all of the forces of good in the universe combined is no match for my Dark side conversion-fu. Muahahahahahahahhaha....

but what if you aren't home?????

Master Jedye
10-14-2009, 03:53 PM
but what if you aren't home?????

then one of LDM's clones can handle it. ;)

acerocket
10-14-2009, 03:54 PM
Then take the day off from work the good doctor must. There are more important things than work.

grayven
10-14-2009, 03:56 PM
Or Gravy will do it and send LDM pics again.:razz:

Raith
10-14-2009, 04:00 PM
then one of LDM's clones can handle it. ;)

wait, he has clones??? no wonder he can crank out so many sabers so quickly... i want a clone too...

Lord Dottore Matto
10-15-2009, 12:30 AM
Or Gravy will do it and send LDM pics again.:razz:

What if Gravy is simply one of my clones...admittedly a more depraved genetically engineered clone, but a clone nonetheless!:lol:

BTW, DJ is the challenge for the Ventress or the Ahsoka? Because I am undecided on the purchase of the Ventress...looks like a rectangular turd to me.:wink:

Scars Unseen
10-15-2009, 12:39 AM
LDM will do it before you! you know he will...and i'll take it just like i did the obi...oh wait there'll be a baby in the house by then...NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Look on the bright side, Sek... when you have your baby you can annoy your wife by doing photos like this:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/Godheads_Lament/BabySith.jpg

DragonStar
10-15-2009, 05:07 AM
Aww, so cute how the eyes match the onsie! :mrgreen:

erv
10-15-2009, 06:49 AM
so... it seems that some people here still believe that a conversion can only be done using a CNC and CAD :rolleyes: interesting.
- in dremel / drill press Fu(s) I trust
- machining a blade holder on a manual lathe would take me... 15 or 20 minutes ? (I'm slow, I know).

Raith
10-15-2009, 01:48 PM
found this on ebay... happened to stumble across it...http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Asajj-Ventress-Fx-Lightsaber-Hasbro-Brand-New_W0QQitemZ170392750056QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item27ac3307e8

sekrogue1985
10-15-2009, 03:00 PM
wifey is like oh at least let it try to be "normal" before you turn it into your clone.

Alcfalath
10-15-2009, 03:03 PM
From that page...

Brand New

Asajj Ventress Fx Lighsaber

Hasbro Version

Email Me With Questions

Payment will be due 1 week before item ships.

There's no better weapon for slaying Sith lords! This Asajj Ventress lightsaber replica from the Star Wars saga features durable die-cast metal parts that look and feel like the real thing! Its sturdy green polycarbonate blade is permanently attached to the hilt and features realistic power-up and power-down glowing light effects. It also features digitally recorded and motion sensor controlled authentic sound effects such as power-up, power-down, idle, movement sounds, and clash sounds. Item requires batteries, not included.

"An elegant weapon from a more civilized time" is forged by Hasbro within the Hasbro Signature Series brand. The Force FX Lightsaber collectibles embody all the technological wonder of the Jedi icon. Each lightsaber is a fully functioning replica featuring all the lights, sounds and heft of the actual weapon. For all their amazing features these lightsabers are no toys, but rather elegant reminders of a galaxy far, far away.

A few mistakes I believe he made... yes. Proof read he must, save him it can.

acerocket
10-15-2009, 05:27 PM
His picture is a photoshop job and not what the actual saber looks like. His picture shows a shiny, chrome, round saber. The real deal, as seen in pics all over the web (like http://www.starwarsspace.net/page/assajj-ventress-force-fx for example) show a blue-ish, rectangular saber.

Caveat Emptor

Raith
10-16-2009, 12:04 PM
wait, you can make rectangular sabers??? wow... lol

Matt Thorn
12-20-2009, 06:51 AM
So we get the [admittedly interesting design] saber of one of the most annoying characters in SW before one of the favourites of serious fans...sad, but predictable.
Surely you're not referring to Ahsoka. On my list of annoying Star Wars characters, Ahsoka ranks far below Anakin Skywalker, who only ceases to be annoying when he battles Obi-Wan at the end of ROTS (and is subsequently transformed into James Earl Jones).

I'm pretty certain the same character tops the most-annoying-character list of anyone above the age of eight: He Who Mussa Not Be Named. :rolleyes:

I'm just hoping the Ahsoka saber will be to scale. Anakin is 185cm tall, Obi-Wan is 179cm, and Ahsoka is 161cm (according to Wookieepedia). It would be absurd to have an Ahsoka saber that had similar dimensions to those made for tall men. A hilt about the size of the Mara Jade hilt I got from korbanth would be just right. A narrower blade would be nice, too. But, of course, I have no illusions that Hasbro will take such things into consideration. :(