PDA

View Full Version : My Next Hilt -- WIP

ErikTheHack
10-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Well, I'm just about done with "Axiom" and I'm starting my second saber. Another (mostly) MHS hilt. The shroud will be gunmetal in color.

This one is called "Brethren":

http://www.hax-revolution.com/download/files/Brethren.JPG

I have all the MHS parts. I imagine I'll start the build process in the next few days.

I haven't decided on the LED yet -- I'm thinking royal blue Lux V.

ComdtJustin
10-02-2009, 03:03 PM
That is very interesting! I'm curious to see the real thing!

ErikTheHack
10-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Here's the basic parts roughly put together:

http://www.hax-revolution.com/download/files/DSC01948.jpg

DJMoonbass
10-05-2009, 02:24 PM
looks pretty good.

Sairon
10-07-2009, 05:59 PM
I can't to see this one finished, it screams seoul p5 purple led!

ErikTheHack
10-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Oooo! That sounds good -- I was initially thinking Royal Blue but purple DOES sound awesome :)

ErikTheHack
10-26-2009, 09:16 PM
I got the couple of parts I ordered from Parks including the "clamp" for this project. I'm pretty happy with it although (as expected) the ID of the clamp is larger than needed and even a bit larger than the actual Graflex clamps. I'm going to use some Pig Aluminum Repair Putty to act as a shim to make the piece fit properly.

Here's an updated pic. I'm REALLY liking the way this one is turning out. Still haven't decided on internals for this one.

http://www.hax-revolution.com/download/files/DSC01954.jpg

Darth Astronimus
10-26-2009, 09:39 PM
MMmmm Thats Looking Tasty. :wink:

sithlordfaust
10-26-2009, 11:28 PM
I got the couple of parts I ordered from Parks including the "clamp" for this project. I'm pretty happy with it although (as expected) the ID of the clamp is larger than needed and even a bit larger than the actual Graflex clamps. I'm going to use some Pig Aluminum Repair Putty to act as a shim to make the piece fit properly.

Here's an updated pic. I'm REALLY liking the way this one is turning out. Still haven't decided on internals for this one.

you can also use a small piece of sinktube, fits perfectly inside the clamp and perfectly over MHS. you can leave the chrome or sand it for a cool brass accent
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h36/sickboy1138/forsale/custom1-1.jpgv

I love those clamps I just wish they came more finished

ErikTheHack
10-27-2009, 06:41 AM
you can also use a small piece of sinktube, fits perfectly inside the clamp and perfectly over MHS. you can leave the chrome or sand it for a cool brass accent

I love those clamps I just wish they came more finished

That looks really SWEET!

For mine (this time) I used the Pig putty and Dremel sanded it back. It sets up really quick so 20 minutes or so after my post the part was already ready :) Certainly not as elegant as what you've done there though. I like how you added the clamp release. Is that from an actual clamp?

sithlordfaust
10-27-2009, 04:09 PM
That looks really SWEET!

For mine (this time) I used the Pig putty and Dremel sanded it back. It sets up really quick so 20 minutes or so after my post the part was already ready :) Certainly not as elegant as what you've done there though. I like how you added the clamp release. Is that from an actual clamp?

Its a replica from parks as well. after several months of not returning my emails, and a couple of weeks of not picking up the phone he finally answered and I asked him for a non anodized clamp and a release lever and he drilled & milled out the box fo it.

when I got it, I had to sand the heck out of the clamp and then buff it to the best iof my tools abilities.

Like I said, I love em. Just wish hed offer them more finished

and I wish Tim would carry them.Tim responds to your emails quickly and ships you parts lightening fast. Im thinking they might fit the new led array as its the same length as the box he has for them

ErikTheHack
10-28-2009, 10:33 AM
Im thinking they might fit the new led array as its the same length as the box he has for them

I've been thinking exactly the same thing -- it looks like a fit.

Sairon
11-05-2009, 07:45 PM
I think to recap on blade colour, why not use the ten watt RGBA LEDengin? Then you can have a sick purple, and any other colour. By the way this saber is looking good, can't wait for it to be finished!

chase
11-11-2009, 08:20 PM
I love clamps, but I've never been a fan of putting one on the back end of a saber. I don't understand its purpose there. The design is really cool, so don't change it if you like it. :D

ErikTheHack
11-19-2009, 05:34 PM
I love clamps, but I've never been a fan of putting one on the back end of a saber. I don't understand its purpose there. The design is really cool, so don't change it if you like it. :D

I guess my rational was I imagined this being a reverse-grip saber and since the activator in this case in in the clamp or box (whatever it's called) I put it on the bottom which in the reverse-grip case is generally on top.

...plus I thought it would look cool ;)

Thanks for the input :)

ErikTheHack
11-19-2009, 05:38 PM
Been busy with other things the last few weeks so I haven't made any progress on any of my saber projects -- probably going to be stagnant for another week or so.

I'll update with some pics when I have something new. Really all I have left on this one is the shroud to template, cut, and finish. Then I'll have 2 hilts that I need to put some guts into.

ErikTheHack
11-19-2009, 05:40 PM
I think to recap on blade colour, why not use the ten watt RGBA LEDengin? Then you can have a sick purple, and any other colour. By the way this saber is looking good, can't wait for it to be finished!

I was looking at those -- seems like a very cool idea but also a fair amount of wiring no?

Jedi-Loreen
11-20-2009, 12:29 AM
Please try to avoid double and triple posting.

Use the edit and multi-quote buttons.

Thanks.

Sairon
11-21-2009, 06:37 PM
I was looking at those -- seems like a very cool idea but also a fair amount of wiring no?

I'm not exatcly sure, talk to Fender since he's used them before.