PDA

View Full Version : Basic Parts Check...Missing Anything?

Shadar Al'Niende
10-01-2009, 09:04 PM
So this is the basics for what I am planning for my next saber...

Hilt

MHS Pommel Style 6
MHS Choke Style 3
Screw On Blade Holder Style 17
MHS Ribbed Extention
3 Inch Double Female Connecter fluted

Blade Electronics

Luxeon V Star - Green
SPST Mom Switch With Black Button
1 Four Wire Quick Connector
1 Two Wire Quick Connector

Sound

UltraSound 2.5
Premium Speaker
2AA Battery holder

Blade

"Corbin style" Show blade 1" OD - Quad Wrap

Misc

10 O-Rings
26 Guage wire (2ft Black and 2ft Red)
8-32 x 13/32" Black Thumb Screw
Switch Bezel Nut
TrustFire Protected 3.7V 900mAh 14500 Lithium Battery (2-Pack)
TrustFire All-in-One Charger
Drill and Tap Service for Blade Holder
Luxeon Collimator Lens 10 deg viewing angle
Luxeon III/V Lens Holder
MPS Insert style 7
Machine Switch Hole in MHS Section

Edit: New List and New Design thanks to input :D

Darth Quin
10-01-2009, 11:47 PM
a clip for the pommel the rest looks good

Invisas1979
10-02-2009, 02:22 AM
Yeah the clip and it looks fine.

I am wondering, the O rings are to go on the hilt for decoration I'm assuming, are the groves deep enough that they wont move about easily (like on the ribbed extension)? I don't think they will be.

It might be worth think about PC the hilt and having tim turn it so all you're left with is black pc in the groves on the hilt.

Shadar Al'Niende
10-02-2009, 06:27 AM
a clip for the pommel the rest looks good

I use a small dab of adhesive for the insert because I don't plan on changing those out often.

...are the groves deep enough that they wont move about easily (like on the ribbed extension)? I don't think they will be.

They are not deep enough to hold the o-rings in place, however the grip i'm going to use heatshrink tubing on, any suggestions on where to get it?

Thanks for the once over guys! ;)

Invisas1979
10-02-2009, 07:06 AM
Ahh.

well have a think on it. Not being snobbish but O rings and heatshrink are cool on sink tube sabers, but for MHS parts I'd want a finish equal to the parts I'm using.

You've a great list of parts there, it'd be a shame not to have a great finish.

Your call however.

Shadar Al'Niende
10-02-2009, 09:44 AM
I think the grip looks cool and is effective, i agree that MHS sabers deserve quality although i'm not a fan of the rubber "t-pieces" (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/6-Piece-rubber-grip-set-36-P365.aspx) sold in the store. I haven't really seen many other options other than wrapping it in leather or some such...but i'm not very good with leather :-?

Any suggestions?

Edit, I really do like the black as it goes with the color scheme of the saber I have planned...just a thought to keep in mind for suggestions.

Invisas1979
10-02-2009, 11:29 AM
[QUOTE=Shadar Al'Niende;147546]I think the grip looks cool and is effective, i agree that MHS sabers deserve quality although i'm not a fan of the rubber "t-pieces"QUOTE]

Yeah me neither they make the grip area to big.

You never know what you can do till you try it. I did a tsukamaki grip on my first saber and it came out ok considering it was my first attempt and I've never re done it.