PDA

View Full Version : MHS "get quote" button disabled

a fearsome grue
09-28-2009, 08:32 PM
I built a nice saber but I can't get a list from the get a quote button.

I like to save the list as text so I know what to order little by little so as to not break the bank and have my electricity cut.

oh, and when stuff is out of stock, could you disable it in the MHS so you don't have to go back and redesign?

xl97
09-29-2009, 08:05 AM
hi....

1.) the get quote button never worked...and in the MHS version..isnt really needed..since you have a parts list..and 90% of all parts have a price displayed for it. (the rest are linked directly to the part in the store for you to review)

2.) you could take a screen shot.. but there is no 'save to text' option..
alternatives.. maye the parts list can be selectable and you can copy/paste the list? or maybe a link/button that lets you copy the text to clipboard..

either way I dont think its a 'huge' priority....but you'd have to take that up with Tim/Strydur..

3.) not gonna happen.... (ad here's why "I" believe that)..
a.) the app is standalone..and has its 'parts/inventory' controlled by its own data source..not the stores. (it only sends certain data 'to' the checkout)
b.) it would take a lot of effort/time to always edit/update the XML files that 'power' the MHS Builder application..Im sure.
c.) just because the part is 'currently' out of stock, doesnt mean people dont want to do mock-ups and see what a potential build would look like with that part/parts.. heck in the 'Custom Saber Builder'.. there are 'parts' (images) that dont even exist in real life..but are there to enjoy the 'choice/options' or custom parts..you would just have to get someone to machine it for you..

the MHS Builder is specifically built to ONLY use MHS parts that are 'available' for use in builds..