PDA

View Full Version : How is the Ultrasound 2.5?

Jedi Scwar
09-25-2009, 10:32 PM
Has anyone received their Ultrasound 2.5 yet and if so, what are your thoughts on it? I have a U.S. 2.0 and I'm still having trouble with it (read through the epic posting on it and I'm using a tac. switch with it and it is still acting up). I just want to hear what some of you are experiencing with the 2.5 before I upgrade my 2.0. Thanks.

Kal El Rah
09-25-2009, 10:46 PM
There are plenty of reviews on this site, look for them.:rolleyes:

Shadar Al'Niende
09-25-2009, 10:56 PM
Feel free to disregard my opinion as my 2.5 is still in the mail.

That being said from what I understand, most of the bugs were fixed although the clash on ignition still exists. Specifically addressing your question, the Switch bounce has most definitely been corrected.

Once again, i do not own one yet. I have merely read quite a bit and watched a few video reviews by members here.

Kal El Rah
09-26-2009, 12:20 AM
Shadar, the clash on start is only the 1st time you fire it up after pulling the kill plug or connecting the batts, every time after that it starts up normally, until the next time the batts, are inserted or the plug is pulled.

Shadar Al'Niende
09-26-2009, 06:42 AM
*points at Kal el rah*

See? told you my opinion was only good so far ;)

Eco
09-26-2009, 10:11 AM
I have one. I like it, I like it a lot.
It's VERY loud on volume level two. And now that I've actually got a speaker mounted in a pommel resonance chamber, the volume level two is almost too loud! Great to hear, right? (No pun intended. :) )

The bouncing switch is not a problem whatsoever. I'm just using one of the $2.25 momentary switches from the store and there's no issue.
The clash on initial ignition is still there. It's a little annoying, but it's not too big of a deal.

What irks me the most is the blade flicker effect. I don't know what it was on the older US boards, but it bothers me that it's a constant rate flicker, there's no randomization of it.

Overall, though, I think it's great. The two leads for Accent LEDs really makes it a versatile board for some really great sabers.

Lord Dottore Matto
09-26-2009, 10:35 AM
It is an excellent board. It is a nice upgrade over the 2.0/2.1 I have used 5 so far and zero problems.

Aradian Valentine
09-27-2009, 11:16 AM
I love it! The preset LED settings and the adjustable motion/impact levels are amazing. I don't personally care for the blade lock up effect or the blade flicker but, I also don't like SPAM so I don't eat any.

Jedi Scwar
09-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Thanks everyone for replying to my post. I've been looking around on the site for some time for a review of this board. I figured if there was not a discussion on how to get it working properly it was a good sign. I plan on upgrading to a 2.5 soon, and I just wanted to make sure the bugs were fixed. Thanks again everyone.

Revan
09-27-2009, 10:22 PM
i got mine a while ago. it's AWESOME!!! and about the clash on start up. mine has only done it once. i don't know why everyone else i hear about complaining that it clashes after the ignition sound every time. mine works just fine.

beggarsoutpost
09-27-2009, 10:47 PM
i got mine a while ago. it's AWESOME!!! and about the clash on start up. mine has only done it once. i don't know why everyone else i hear about complaining that it clashes after the ignition sound every time. mine works just fine. Have you changed the batteries yet?...

Shadar Al'Niende
09-28-2009, 06:46 AM
...the clash on start is only the 1st time you fire it up after pulling the kill plug or connecting the batts, every time after that it starts up normally...

Kal already explained that it only happens once on board reboot :rolleyes:

Jonitus
09-28-2009, 11:14 AM
I'm a fairly vocal critic of sub-par materials/techniques/electronics, and I am very pleased with the new Ultrasound boards. They've been excellent for my recent uses, and I'm likely to buy more.