PDA

View Full Version : Stone light saber

Joe Light
09-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Alright I was just wondering if there were any light sabers that were carved out of stone. I think it would look really cool like a kind of ultra ancient light saber like even before the proto saber design. Ive seen the ones that were sculpted to look like stone but what about an actual stone that was carved and chiseled down into a light saber?

Just wondering if anybody had heard of something like this being done.

Jedi-Loreen
09-25-2009, 08:24 PM
Nope, never heard of a stone lightsaber.

annon
09-26-2009, 11:45 AM
it would be plausible with the right tools...
but I can't see the point :roll:

Darth_Sasuke
09-26-2009, 02:02 PM
That would be pretty sweet but would probably be really uncomfortable to hold

Col-mar
09-26-2009, 05:24 PM
well, considering the most ancient lightsabers are just like the more advanced ones but hooked to a back mounted battery pack. I can't see why any jedi or sith would make one.

heh, that's just me though.

Eco
09-26-2009, 07:51 PM
Does this topic remind anyone of the episode of the Jetsons where the Jetson family goes back in time and meets the Flintstones?
:D

Jedi-Loreen
09-26-2009, 08:17 PM
lol :lol:

Maurnick
09-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Soapstone would probably work.

djobitwan7
09-27-2009, 12:50 PM
Interesting, but I wonder how one would piece it together. Maybe you could pour some concrete that has the threads we use and then go from there.

The only bad is.... stone, concrete would probably be very brittle?

Revan
09-27-2009, 10:34 PM
sounds like a cool idea...

Makotojinenkan
09-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Alright I was just wondering if there were any light sabers that were carved out of stone. I think it would look really cool like a kind of ultra ancient light saber like even before the proto saber design. Ive seen the ones that were sculpted to look like stone but what about an actual stone that was carved and chiseled down into a light saber?

Just wondering if anybody had heard of something like this being done.

I wouldn't make it entirely of stone. Maybe a some polished marble.

DJMoonbass
10-03-2009, 07:59 PM
it would be friggin heavy!

lets just make it out of led while were at it. at some weight AND led poisoning to the mix

Shadar Al'Niende
10-03-2009, 08:55 PM
lets just make it out of led while were at it. at some weight AND led poisoning to the mix

I think you mean lead? :rolleyes:

Barmic Rin
10-04-2009, 08:25 AM
LED in a lightsaber? That's madness!!!!

Oh, LEAD!!!!!!!!!

Dependant on what type of stone you use, it may be heavy or fragile. In reality, that's not a viable option.

Personally, i'd use epoxy resin. The stuff I use on my Legacy sith sabers comes out a greyish colour & if sculpted right, can look like stone. Plus, it's study without adding too much weight.

Check my gallery pics.