PDA

View Full Version : Can I swap Force FX parts? (spec. pommels)

Volk
09-23-2009, 07:30 PM
Hello. I am currently in the process of moding two MR Yoda sabers. I just caught some pics of the new Hasbro Obi-Wan and Count Dooku sabers and would love to swap out the pommels of the Yoda sabers for pommels from the new Obi-Wan. The ep 1 Obi-Wan pommel is a cool ball with little spikes.

I want to do this to balance the weight of the yoda sabers, and I felt like these might do the trick. How easy is it to swap out these parts. Is it pretty straight forward, or a pipe dream?

Is there any other pommel that I can use to substitute for the yoda pommels? Do ya'll have any other recommendations for balancing the weight distribution of lightsabers?

Thanks,

-V

Novastar
09-24-2009, 06:11 AM
This video of Bin Adam ought to give you some insight...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJpjkRUP31Q

In short... "try it out, and see how it works for [yourself]!" :)

Lord Dottore Matto
09-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Sorry to bear the bad news, but they do not fit "as is". Could "I" make them work? Of course. Could you (who are new to modding sabers)? Maybe, but they would take HEAVY modification and metalwork.

Volk
09-28-2009, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the replies. I had a feeling since other people weren't talking about swapping Force FX parts, I figured it probably wasn't so easy.

For the moment, I've adjusted the balance on the yoda sabers by attaching a maul connector to the bottom of each one. Actually balances them out surprisingly well. My only concern is that, since I drop them regularly, I might damage where the maul piece screws into the yoda saber.

I can continue that, but it would be nice to have a second option. I guess I'll just have to go ahead and construct my own hilt, aye? ;)

thanks again.

-V

FenderBender
10-01-2009, 12:43 PM
All of the SW-616/Joe Jedi/ FX Construction kit saber pommels fit the Yoda FYI. That would give you some variety.