PDA

View Full Version : TCSS Battle Blade Question

Jedi Master Steveo
09-16-2009, 04:54 PM
So I just got my tcss thick walled battle blade today. Yay! Now my question. What opinions/advice does anyone have on the path of least resistance to changing out the tip? I can see that the stock reflective shoulder tip appears to be glued in. I picked up the bullet style tip to change out from the stock one.

I thought about just heating up the end a lil to see if it pops out but wanted to check with you guys first to see if there are any other alternatives or things to watch out for. Thanks in advance! :cool:

Lord Maul
09-16-2009, 05:02 PM
You should have just bought blade supplies and built it yourself. Blade tips can be tricky to get out.

There are a couple methods that I know of.
1) take a 3/4" dowel and ram it down to pop the tip off
2) Take a pipe cutter and line the cutting wheel up with the gap between blade and tip. Tighten it down and spin it, and the tip will be pried off.
3) Take AA batteries and put them in the blade. Use them like a slide hammer to bash the tip off.

theJUDGE
09-16-2009, 05:40 PM
like lord maul said, you could have just put it together yourself. You could have also asked Tim to make you the completed blade with your desired tip, good to know he does stuff like that for future reference.

Jedi Master Steveo
09-16-2009, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the info :idea: