PDA

View Full Version : MCM EXPO @ Excel in London 24th 25th October.

Invisas1979
09-12-2009, 02:05 AM
Having just read another thread I came across this expo. How many of us knew about this and who's is going from the UK lot?

Barmic Rin
09-13-2009, 03:51 AM
I'll investigate, see if I can get the time off work.

Invisas1979
09-13-2009, 04:17 AM
You work sundays or are they for the Family? Be good to meet you and any other guys if you'll can make it.

Munkerz
09-13-2009, 09:33 AM
The Expo is the whole reason I ended up here. Decided to do a Star Wars cosplay this time, and naturally went for something with lightsabery goodness.
The costume wont really be impressive, but still, just for funsies. I'm not going to drive myself mad making something I'm supposed to enjoy.

I'll be there on the Saturday, but not Sunday this time.

Barmic Rin
09-13-2009, 11:56 AM
I may make both days, have to see if I can get my new tunics done by then, or if i'll have to deal with my standard set.

Should have the belt sorted by then, seeing the leathersmith this friday.

Tom Starkiller
09-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Got a link?

Barmic Rin
09-13-2009, 12:22 PM
http://www.londonexpo.com/

Munkerz
09-13-2009, 12:45 PM
I've been to quite a few MCM's now, London October tends to the the biggest.

In may we had a few good Star Wars costumes, though not in a typical way. For example, Maffia Vader, and his bodyguards.

My costume so far simply consists of bought parts that I'm playing about with, and hope to modify later.
A Martial Arts Gi, horse riding boots, a tactical US army belt, and a leather obi. And that's it so far.

I still have a good month plus to get it done.

Barmic Rin
09-13-2009, 01:10 PM
The games expo is the week after, so definitely going to that, may just go to this for a meet up if folks are interested.

Tom Starkiller
09-14-2009, 10:29 AM
I'll have to see if I have the day(s) off. Not sure how many I can make. Depends on how tired I feel as well.

Invisas1979
09-14-2009, 11:03 AM
The Expo is the whole reason I ended up here. Decided to do a Star Wars cosplay this time, and naturally went for something with lightsabery goodness.
The costume wont really be impressive, but still, just for funsies. I'm not going to drive myself mad making something I'm supposed to enjoy.

I'll be there on the Saturday, but not Sunday this time.

Yeah it was your thread I mentioned at the beginning of this one.

My garb is all shop brought, if I have time i'll modify it and get some new boots.

So it's looking like a Saturday then for most?

Barmic Rin
09-14-2009, 11:20 AM
Saturday is the only on i'll have to book off of work, but i'm game. Tom, NO EXCUSES!!!!! :-P

Munkerz
09-14-2009, 11:48 AM
Yeah it was your thread I mentioned at the beginning of this one.

My garb is all shop brought, if I have time i'll modify it and get some new boots.

So it's looking like a Saturday then for most?

Awesome.

By the way, I highly, highly, highly, recommend you buy fast track tickets from the site if your coming on a Saturday. The lines can get so very long.

Costume wise, I'm now looking into making some armour out of craft foam. Was thinking a breast plate and maybe a full arm with a gauntlet. But the hand has me stumped at this point. Not so much the articulation as it is attaching the many small pieces to my hand/ a glove. If I can't pull that off, maybe just a plate on the top of the glove.

Barmic Rin
09-14-2009, 12:08 PM
Depends what armor your looking at doing.

Munkerz
09-14-2009, 12:49 PM
Well, it'll be an OC, so I don't have the pressure of making it exactly like something that already exists. But I wan't to keep a Star Wars feel, so I'm mostly looking at Mandalorians or inspiration, and Galen Marek's "Sith Stalker" armor. I guess the claws could be done pretty easily, but probably best not with foam.

Barmic Rin
09-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Well, have you seen Mando Mercs? They're Mandos (obviously) but not all Fetts.
They have some strict rules, but are alot more flexible than 501st.

Munkerz
09-15-2009, 06:52 AM
I have, and I think I've got the design sorted. I just need to make a demo and order the materials.

Invisas1979
10-05-2009, 03:14 AM
Hay all. Bringing this thread up again as we're only a few weeks away now.

Who is in.

Munkerz
10-22-2009, 07:13 AM
Think I'm re-bumping to answer this, but I'm still in ^^

Only a few days now :D