PDA

View Full Version : Complete Blades?

dreamdigital
09-11-2009, 11:34 AM
What are complete blades. I see you can buy them for 30.99. What is "complete about them?"

- Yune d'Torin

ARKM
09-11-2009, 12:39 PM
A complete blade already has the tip (with mirrored adhesive disc) glued onto the blade and already has either blade film or a nylon diffusser inserted into the blade.

Jedi-Loreen
09-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Wow, how hard is that to figure out by looking at both the completed blades category and the descriptions, and the blades supplies category? :rolleyes:

ThreeQuadFive
09-29-2009, 01:38 PM
Wait, more important question!

What's the difference between EL and LED?

---lol

cardcollector
09-30-2009, 07:32 AM
The "D":D

mihunai
09-30-2009, 08:42 AM
Just google Luxeon and Electroluminescent wire. That's what goes in the blade.
Allthough, if you ask me, just skip the EL.

Before you get Flatteringly Laughed At Making Evil Ducks, just search until you drop.
Its out there.

mTm

Edit: epic D'Ough... nuts....

Jedi-Loreen
09-30-2009, 09:55 AM
Dude, he was JOKING.

Didn't you see the "---lol" ? :rolleyes:

mihunai
09-30-2009, 10:45 AM
My randomly lacking sense of jokes has failed me for the last time.
Knock knock...

mTm

Jedi-Loreen
09-30-2009, 11:43 AM
...who's there?

Lord Dottore Matto
09-30-2009, 09:02 PM
n00b...

Novastar
10-01-2009, 03:56 AM
EL is like 10x brighter than Luxeon style sabers, hahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahah

:D

Eco
10-01-2009, 08:15 AM
When the Lux saber is off. Lol

Raith
10-01-2009, 11:21 PM
EL is like 10x brighter than Luxeon style sabers, hahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahah

:D

i'm new here, and even i know that that's a lie... EL blades suck... lol good try though...

Shadar Al'Niende
10-02-2009, 12:53 PM
EL blades suck... lol good try though...

not necessarily, EL definitely has its place even if not in a blade....if you don't believe me, check out Miri's Resolve ;)

Jedi-Loreen
10-03-2009, 02:54 AM
Well, EL did have it's place. It's what we had till people started experimenting with high powered LEDs 5 or 6 years ago.

So don't totally dis EL, ok? You people who are new to saber building are spoiled by all the experimentation and documentation that a relative few people did with LEDs to further the hobby, and it wasn't really that many years ago.

By today's standards, yeah, it's very dim, but if you wanted a light up blade back in '03, you were happy to have EL.

Unless you wanted one of the Hasbro toy flashlight sabers. :rolleyes:

Novastar
10-03-2009, 06:00 AM
My first saber was... like... one of those Kenner things that you swung through the air and the relative wind made the "swing" noise.

...according to the TOY, lol... :P I probably still have it, hahaha.

Come to think of it--hey, Caine just scored a fun little treasure:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcxiFFZAfo8

And now for my next number... I'd like to return to the CLLLLAAAASSSICC!!! :)

Kal El Rah
10-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Not a bad find at all, and the sound and efx are dang great for something that's 25 years old.:cool::);)

Raith
10-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Well, EL did have it's place. It's what we had till people started experimenting with high powered LEDs 5 or 6 years ago.

So don't totally dis EL, ok? You people who are new to saber building are spoiled by all the experimentation and documentation that a relative few people did with LEDs to further the hobby, and it wasn't really that many years ago.

By today's standards, yeah, it's very dim, but if you wanted a light up blade back in '03, you were happy to have EL.

Unless you wanted one of the Hasbro toy flashlight sabers. :rolleyes:

my appologies, i meant no disrespect to the EL blades. i have seen them, and the one that i saw at the mall a few years back had spots on the blade that were not lit. They do give even light, however, and they were top of the line before the advent of high powered LED's

DarthHideous
10-05-2009, 01:03 PM
Wait, more important question!

What's the difference between EL and LED?

---lol

The "D":D

Yeah, but do you know what the "D" stands for? No, It's not Dude. It's diode. At that, what about the "L" and the "E"? A great many people don't. Besides, EL and LE stand for different things. But TCSS members already know that, right? Trade education is suffering.

(I just wanted you all to know how smart I am, ha ha)

dreamdigital
10-22-2009, 08:01 AM
Wow sorry for the noob question guys. It was my first build. I've moved on to bigger an better questions.

Crystal Chambers
10-23-2009, 05:51 AM
argh!...nothing is complete about them when there are no tubes in stock. Dumb Halloweinners.

Poor Noobs and EL...sigh...You guys are mean!

Shadar Al'Niende
10-23-2009, 08:17 AM
Poor Noobs and EL...sigh...You guys are mean!

Light razzing such as this is a good way to encourage people to do a little thinking outside the box and do some reading like the rest of everyone else on a DIY forum. This is not a handholding, spoonfeeding forum...well, it isn't supposed to be but people are generous from time to time. I do not think that anyone was truly being mean, just encouraging the OP to do some more reading/thinking on his own..

Even he has said that now he realizes his mistake and is asking more informed questions, so I would say it worked :rolleyes:

Crystal Chambers
10-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Oh I totally understand.

But poor EL was there for you when you need it. And unlike any individual on this site, it has no hope of being able to defend itself. Especially if it has nio one to weild it. And then people start hacking it up with their LEDs...and well.....it's just not fair!...lol

Wow this thread went off topic....

Shadar Al'Niende
10-23-2009, 12:14 PM
Oh I feel for EL...just not the noobs :mrgreen:

BYRJE FOKAN
10-30-2009, 09:10 PM
But as a noob I have to say that the rubber chicken lightsaber ROCKS!
I can just imagine Darth's infamous quote now..... "You have no idea of the power of the KFC".....

FenderBender
10-31-2009, 08:00 AM
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q169/AJFenderBender/sigs%20and%20imgs/threadjack.gif

obi-one
11-11-2009, 11:01 PM
But why "Complete Blade" products are twice as expensive as the separate parts?? are they really that difficult to assembly?
regards

Lord Maul
11-11-2009, 11:19 PM
You are paying for a service. It can be a bit tricky to assemble, and Tim has to get glue himself. Buying from Tim is nice unless you plan on making 10 or more blades, in which case it is more cost effective to shell out the cash for glue and get good at making them.

Strydur
11-12-2009, 12:33 AM
We cut the tube to length
Clean it out
Glue on the tip
Cut diffuser to length
Roll or clean diffuser
Install diffuser

Its $10 for that service..

Onli-Won Kanomi
11-12-2009, 06:43 AM
And very well worth if it you've ever tried building a blade in an apartment where there is a cat and finding a fur-free surface is nigh unto impossible...cat hair + blade film = bad. lol

Kant Lavar
11-12-2009, 07:02 AM
And very well worth if it you've ever tried building a blade in an apartment where there is a cat and finding a fur-free surface is nigh unto impossible...cat hair + blade film = bad. lol

Indeed. </Teal'c>

obi-one
11-12-2009, 08:02 AM
Thanks folks, I will go for the preassembled blade riiiiiight now :)