PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Hasbro Electronic Count Dooku Lightsaber schematic

Matt Thorn
09-06-2009, 02:56 AM
Here's a wiring diagram I threw together for using a sound module from a 2001 Hasbro "Electronic Count Dooku Lightsaber" with a 3-watt LED. With the exception of the clash sensor wires, all the other wires are bunched together in one spot.

The short, black wire goes to the negative terminal of the battery pack.
The long, red wire is attached to the lead from the positive terminal of the battery pack to one of the positive pads of the LED.
The long, yellow wire is attached to one of the negative pads of the LED.
The two gray wires go to the speaker.

Keep the voltage between 3 and 6 volts and you should be all right. Just make sure you use the right resistor, particularly if you are using a red, red-orange, or amber LED.

If you plan to not use the switch that is built into the board (most likely), attach the wires for your momentary switch to the soldering nodes marked on the diagram. (Positive and negative are irrelevant.)

This is a bare-bones set-up, but it's easy to add a charge port to it. (Look at my 1999 Qui-Gon diagram in the "Cheapy Hasbro Wiring Diagrams" sticky for hints.)
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_THBqz9vPciU/SqOCO1XnzNI/AAAAAAAABp4/HHtdMIEOqw0/s800/hasbro_dooku_schematic.jpg (http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/XUHCcfyn374YBHOe06w1og?feat=embedwebsite)

cardcollector
09-06-2009, 05:57 AM
This is also the same wiring schematic for the 2004 luke Sykwalker "Paths of the force" board

Danz409
09-16-2009, 12:31 AM
wait? you can put a lux right on a Hasbro Bord without any over draw issues or anything that would cause it to cook it? iv always been using those 6 post 2 position slider switches and hooking them both on there own circuit.

very intresting

Matt Thorn
09-16-2009, 12:53 AM
wait? you can put a lux right on a Hasbro Bord without any over draw issues or anything that would cause it to cook it? iv always been using those 6 post 2 position slider switches and hooking them both on there own circuit.

very intresting
Hm? Slider switches are latching (atlternative). The cheap Hasbro boards take momentary switches. How does that work out for you? :confused: But, anyway, to answer your question, yes, you can hook a 3-watt LED to the LED wires of a cheap Hasbro board and it will work fine, as long as you don't go over 6 volts. (And don't forget the proper resistor for red/amber LEDs.)

Darth Vardis
09-16-2009, 03:36 AM
Is the electronics in this one similar to yours? Like could I hook it up the same? it sort of looks the same, can you help me? Do I need to put a resistor inline with me 5watt Lux led?

Matt Thorn
09-16-2009, 03:49 AM
Is the electronics in this one similar to yours? Like could I hook it up the same? it sort of looks the same, can you help me? Do I need to put a resistor inline with me 5watt Lux led?
Post a photo. I would be wary of using a 5-watt run directly through the board. If you're talking about a Luxeon V, that needs more voltage than the board can handle, so you would need to use a relay or something two have two separate circuits, and make sure the board gets no more than 6 volts. A LedEngin 5-watt, on the other hand, needs less than 5 volts, and should work all right with a cheap Hasbro (though I haven't tried it yet).