PDA

View Full Version : Question about using just a k2 emitter.

Goltar Bias
09-03-2009, 10:08 PM
Ok, anyone can all me dumb on this just a quick question on k2 leds. Here's the set up, I am building a dl-44 blaster and i want to use something brighter then a radio shack led. Using a hasbro sound card from a recent han solo blaster they put out that runs on 2 aaa batteries which i have switched for n cells so I am working with 3 to 3.2 volts from reading I took. there is not enough room in the body of the mauser airsoft gun i have for a star bodied led. I found just the led emitter and am thinking of mounting it in the barrel.

here are the specs on the emitter:
LXK2-PD12-Q00 Specifications
Lumens 60 lm @ 700mA, 35 lm @ 350mA
Max Continuous Current.........700 mA
Forward Voltage...................3.4 Vf
Dominant Wavelength............627 nm
LED Type.............................K2
Radiation Pattern...................Lambertian
Weight.................................0.78g

Since the forward voltage is 3.4v and i am running under that is a buck puck necessary to control the "mA" or is it still not a good idea to run it straight from the batteries? Also would I really need a heat sink since it is going to be on a tactile switch and only on for a second or two before i let off the switch and it turns off?

Working in a very limited space on this project and trying to get the most out of it. Any help is welcome.

Jedi-Loreen
09-03-2009, 11:55 PM
Buck pucks that are in the store need a minimum of 5V to operate. I don't how much voltage those sound boards can take.

Did your blaster have an LED in it originally? Mine, that I want to use for my Nerf Recon mod, did not. If yours didn't how do you plan on doing the switch for it?

Interrupting the power for the sound board on mine, doesn't work, it messes up the sound.

Unless you're someone like Do-Clo or Erv, this sounds like a pretty difficult project.

Goltar Bias
09-04-2009, 06:16 AM
I am planing to actually use two tactile switches set up at two different points on the trigger so they are hit at the same time by the trigger mechanism. If i can place them properly then it will work. And no the blaster sound board did not have an led.

Jedi-Loreen
09-04-2009, 08:46 AM
Ok.

That's what I may have to do with my Recon, if I can't find a small push button DPDT switch.