PDA

View Full Version : Obi Wan Conversions

jpereira92
09-02-2009, 10:25 AM
I have good news for any one who wants to convert a MasterReplicas Obi Wan Saber. I wanted to conver my own saber and was disappointed to find that the conversion kit offered by Tim now isonly compatiblewith the hasbro version. SO i ordered a maul conversion kit to see how it works.
It went off without a hitch. It worked perfectly and there was little to no complication. I only wish someone had said the inside sleeve would get caught on the screwed on asthestics!:p

once i get the chance i'll try to post some pictures

Kal El Rah
09-02-2009, 01:16 PM
OK 8):mrgreen:

cardcollector
09-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Awesome!!! I have on of those and was disapointed that I counldn't convert it... now I can!!

Would you Want to post pics???

jpereira92
09-02-2009, 10:35 PM
When I have some time to upload I will gladlypost pictures. the conversion is exactly the same as the tutorial its except you need to trim the black plastic case that houses the soundboard. the blad holder will spin and you will need to glue it to the hilt casing or else it willspin when you try to drill and tap a hole for the retention screw

Baena
09-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Sweet I look forward to pics!
I too have an MR Obi and had hoped to convert it someday. Looks like the Maul kit is all I need? :)

(Well, the maul kit, the LED, retention screw, etc.)