PDA

View Full Version : In-Hilt TrustFire Charging

ErikTheHack
09-01-2009, 10:09 PM
Can anyone point me to what's required material and wiring wise to do this? Once I get my new saber all put together I'd like to have to disassemble it as little as possible.

Thanks,
Eric

Kant Lavar
09-02-2009, 02:14 AM
Don't know if it's been said to you before, but it's generally preferred around here to do some searching before you ask questions - that way we don't get a thousand threads asking the same questions over and over again.

Now, that being said, I actually was a little surprised when I looked to see if I was remembering correctly. I had thought I'd read that the Trustfire cells Tim sells in the store could not be charged via a recharge port. (Hint: Look for a stickied thread on that.) However, from what I can find, if you have a charger that can be set to the proper voltage and amperage for the Trustfire cells, you're good to go. (Or, if you're like me and have a smart charger for airsoft batteries, you're set then, as well.)

mihunai
09-02-2009, 03:47 AM
Wasnt the reason you couldnt charge them in-hilt because they might get too hot whilst recharging? (Eric: you dont want a hot Trustfire, they can explode, so allways treat them with care)

mTm

ErikTheHack
09-02-2009, 01:53 PM
Sorry bout that. I know forum protocol and honestly didn't mean to offend anybodies sensibilities :) I looked around and couldn't find it. I've gotten so used to "search" not working on forums that I didn't bother to try this one's search -- my bad, sorry. I guess that's why I was asking for someone to point me to it ;)

At any rate, found what I needed here: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=2235

@mihunai: Thanks for the forewarning on the recharge-heat factor -- it's always good advice and always bears repeating.

I'll have to go back and check the TrustFire specs again but I thought they were supposed to have a "safety latch" in them to keep from overcharging and from dropping too low for that matter. I'll report if I find anything conclusive.

-E