PDA

View Full Version : Quick covertec clip substitute

Blue Fox
08-31-2009, 03:48 AM
I discovered just now that Rugged Equipment cell phone cases like the one below has a clip that seems to work fairly well with the covertec discs. while it may seem like they dont fit, the security tab that locks the case to the clip will lock where the hole for the disc screw goes.

I've not tested it running around and doing all the acrobatics Jedi do.. mainly because I am unable to do those things anymore due to my disability, but it seemed to pass the tug test pretty well.

I got my case at walmart and looking online, they seem to run at around $15.00

No idea if thats helpful to anyone, but just wanted to get that info out in case no one had tried it.

DarthHideous
08-31-2009, 05:04 AM
"It seemed to pass the tug test pretty well."

Hasn't anyone warned you about tugging on your lightsaber? They say you might go blind.:lol:

btw, Is the metal clip on the right part of the case, or is that yours, and where did you get it?

Blue Fox
08-31-2009, 06:11 AM
"It seemed to pass the tug test pretty well."

Hasn't anyone warned you about tugging on your lightsaber? They say you might go blind.:lol

I've heard that only applies if your saber is over 6 inches. :P
And yes, the clip comes with it and I bought it at Walmart. basically you put the cell phone in the protector and the protector has a big disc on the back that slides into the belt clip. Like a covertec.

theJUDGE
08-31-2009, 06:56 AM
hey thats pretty interesting, nice observation :)

Thaxos
08-31-2009, 03:06 PM
Interesting, nice find. I'll have to see if there's any of them up here in Canada.

Sairon
08-31-2009, 04:14 PM
Plastic or what, size? how well does it fit on a saber? This would be nice.;)

Blue Fox
08-31-2009, 05:25 PM
I hope these pictures help.

Sairon
08-31-2009, 07:17 PM
Okay, it's just covertech rip-off brand (probably better quality).

Blue Fox
09-01-2009, 05:44 PM
pretty much. and yes, it seems pretty solid. I'll see just how well it does this weekend.

DarthHideous
09-01-2009, 07:04 PM
pretty much. and yes, it seems pretty solid. I'll see just how well it does this weekend.

What's going on this weekend? I'll be at Dragon Con this weekend in Atlanta.

Blue Fox
09-02-2009, 06:43 AM
What's going on this weekend? I'll be at Dragon Con this weekend in Atlanta.

I'll be putting the clip through some testing and designing a custom belt to go with Defiance. I was thinking of a holster style that will keep the whole saber against my thigh. Just something different to hanging it off a belt. ^_^ Then Defiance goes back to LDM finally for repairs.

dgdve
09-02-2009, 07:42 AM
VERY nice find!!!

Blue Fox
09-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Thank you dgdve ^_^

Anyway, I attached the clip to the saber and held the clip while shaking it violently and it held. then I attached the clip and saber to my belt and jumped around and did everything I could to make the saber fall off, but it held!

looks like we might have a winner ^_^