PDA

View Full Version : darth bane: dynasty of evil

theJUDGE
08-29-2009, 11:02 PM
the third darth bane book is set to come out this december and to me it looks like it could either be better, or worse, than the second book. i hope it is a vast improvement because I thought the second book wasnt written very well, it had many gaps and had dead ends in the plot... oh well I still enjoyed it very much.

Here is the description for dynasty of evil: "darth bane is beginning to suffer the effects of drawing heavily on the dark side of the force for so many years. At the same time, he is beginning to doubt his apprentice, zannah, because she hasnt yet tried to kill him and take his power. Is she weak? unworthy of being her apprentice? When he learns of an ancient sith artifact that might hold the secret of immortal life, he heads out in search of it alone. But zannah is anything but weak, and now that she has glimpsed his worries, she knows that the time is ripe to take him on. The forces of evil will clash in spectacular battle, with the future of the sith hanging in the balance."

anyways, who else at the custom saber shop is eagerly anticipating this release? or does anyone despise these books altogether? any predictions about the book? reply with whatever is on your mind :p

strengthofrage
08-30-2009, 04:11 AM
I really enjoyed the first two books, I am definitely eagerly awaiting the third. I try not to worry about the outcome, I usually take the novels with a grain of salt. I just read, enjoy and move on. The first two Bane books are among my favorite Star Wars novels though. I like anything from the old republic time period, there isn't much of it though. Hopefully the game will bring more novels to the surface. I haven't been to the comic store yet, I need to catch up on the graphic novels also.

sekrogue1985
08-30-2009, 06:30 AM
okay that does it folks I guess i'll start reading them now...

Ingchao
08-30-2009, 08:39 AM
I'm usually just a SW movie fan, I don't read many of the books.
But I have read these and can't wait until the 3rd comes out!

Titoshi
09-03-2009, 09:32 AM
the first 2 were great (to me) just because they were the first novels to have a truly unique story line(compared to the other novels). I know Bane was in the comics, so it isn't entirely new, but I have a hard time buying comics because of the commitment and money that goes into them. I am very eager to read this one. Thanks for the heads up, I almost forgot about it.

Barmic Rin
09-03-2009, 10:00 AM
Not a fan of the Bane books really, due to so many canon inconsistencies, but i'll probably still give it a go.

Jasten Skywalker
09-03-2009, 11:12 AM
I've been waiting for this book since I heard about it's Dec release date earlier this year. I thoroughly enjoyed the first two. I'd dare to say that the Bane books are my favorites yet.

Braxus
09-03-2009, 12:31 PM
I absolutly worshiped the first book. it felt to me that for the first time an author finally "got" the sith and what it was like to be sith. i didnt like how the jedi were written. they didnt "feel" like jedi or act the way jedi did before the book or after in the universe. even so, i thought this was the best written Star Wars book ever.

the second book i thought was good. loved the Bane and Zannah parts, but totally despised the Jedi parts. again the jedi didnt act or feel like jedi to me even more then the first book.

this next book im deffinetly looking forward too. if they focus entirely on the sith this book, it might even be better then the first. i repeat.. "might"

JamoUp
09-03-2009, 02:49 PM
I am anxiously awaiting the book's release. On a side note, its fun to know that (the author) Drew Karpyshyn is a lead writer for Bioware. and Bioware just happens to be making the new TOR video game (with lucas arts). As we find out official info about the game, I am reminded of chapters (lets say on Tython for instance) of the book. very cool.

sekrogue1985
09-03-2009, 02:54 PM
just picked up the first two in hard back at half price...hehe labor day sales yummy!

astromech_kuhns
09-03-2009, 03:03 PM
simpy cant wait! loved the first ones! but no the jedi did not feel like jedi. i mean you were literally just fighting the sith and then the possibility of there being one alive is so unlikely? how stupid. all and all though i like the books.

i had to do a report on the second star wars book.

theJUDGE
09-03-2009, 05:24 PM
i first got into the 2 books because of my love for the kotor games, and i ended up reading both of them and I, Jedi for my English class ( we had to read like 1000 pages a semester of books of our choosing my senior year, but it was super easy meeting that requirement when I had those awesome books). Path of destruction was my favorite, and i agree with some of you that the third book might be even better...hopefully it is because that would be totally amazing read. :cool:

jtzako
09-04-2009, 05:47 AM
I liked the 2 Darth Bane books as well but I did notice some storyline issues like others mentioned.
I have also recently read the Legacy series 40ABY ?), X-wing series and several other series of books in the 6ABY to 12ABY timeframe.

Darth Midian
09-18-2009, 12:34 PM
I really enjoying the novels. I started reading them in order about 5 weeks ago. I'm on the 7th one, Outbound Flight. I think they're awesome.

Invisas1979
09-19-2009, 01:36 AM
Now I've just heard about this and IT WILL be going on the x-mas list. I liked the first two books and will be looking forward to the 3rd. Looking forward to seeing how Zannah turns out, will she be a dark lady of the Sith or will Bane choose a new successor??????

Got so many SW books now they have their own storage box.

LordBane21
09-19-2009, 08:38 AM
I can not wait for this book i have read the other 4 times each (little excesive i know). the book may have flaws but D**N its a good book =)

Ambo
09-20-2009, 03:51 PM
I just wet myself.......