08-28-2009, 05:23 PM
My second Saber
Red Lux III
Maul MR Board
Kill Switch
Latching Illuminated On/Off

The Album
http://s780.photobucket.com/albums/yy90/AradianValentine/Legacy%20Saber/

the Legacy of hate is passed down from Master to Apprentice.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for all the amazing help.
-AV

Lawrs1
08-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Looks good, I like it alot. Great job, and I look forward to seeing the next one

Hasid Lafre
08-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Whats with the control box and exposed wires that will get cought on something and rip out and possably cause a short out.

Sairon
08-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Yeah, might want to protect those wires. But back to the saber it looks very good, the design looks great.

Aradian Valentine
08-28-2009, 05:58 PM
There is some exposure of wires but, each one is secured to the kill switch with resin. While it detracts from the machined look of the build, I Learned a lot from utilizing those parts and I feel that over all the look is acceptable.

On a side note, the saber can be ignited without altering a combat style grip on the body by pressing the activation switch into the forearm.

As I develop skill I hope to achieve the exquisite finish of the senior members' sabers. For now, I hope that my aesthetic faults can be accepted as characteristics.

I feel that the experience of this build went a long way towards my progress.
-AV

p.s. Thank you sincerely for the feedback so far :)

Sairon
08-28-2009, 06:14 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think you'll rise too the top one day, I just thought the wires should be a little more protected, it's your saber so do what ya want;).

Aradian Valentine
08-28-2009, 06:38 PM
Thank you, I didn't mean to sound hurt, I had this idea for a switch in my head and needed to make it.

I utterly agree with your critique and frankly I welcome it.

I couldn't wrap my head around a perfect solution for hiding the wiring, short of making a custom resin mold.

-AV

DarthHideous
08-28-2009, 08:11 PM
Thank you, I didn't mean to sound hurt, I had this idea for a switch in my head and needed to make it.

I utterly agree with your critique and frankly I welcome it.

I couldn't wrap my head around a perfect solution for hiding the wiring, short of making a custom resin mold.

-AV

When you get an idea for something, you have to build it to see how it turns out. Besides, I have only built five sabers and the 2nd one was out of an idea I had with 1.25" plumbing poly washers for grips. It is not the prettiest of my sabers, but I like the overall look the most and it is more balanced than the rest. So it is all about what makes YOU happy. Nice Saber btw. I like the use of the black. Kind of sinister looking. Are you a Sith?

Jedi-Loreen
08-28-2009, 08:54 PM
Where's your pommel insert?

Invisas1979
08-29-2009, 04:58 AM
Personally I hate the clamps as generally they are placed slap bang in the middle of a saber but this is at the end and the uniqueness of the switch I personally think is brilliant. It smacks of a saber built in the way a Jedi or Sith would out of parts they like and will work.

It may have some exposed wires but he said they are epoxied and less likely to come out, so good job either way.

Aradian Valentine
08-31-2009, 01:06 PM
Pommel Insert is in now.

Thanks man, after a few hours of battle with my friend I have to say that I love the switch. My friends wife even noticed that I was able to ignite the saber without moving my fingers and asked me how I was doing it.

Yes I follow the Dark Side of the force. Muahahahahahahaha.

-AV