PDA

View Full Version : Ying of the clash

Sairon
08-28-2009, 04:55 PM
Is it posible that if I y of the clash and add a momentary that the clash will go of normally, but when I want it to I can access it with the momentary?

forgive my crude image, I didn't spend thirty minutes like I normally do to perfect it.
http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg351/Sairon-/theboard.jpg

Hasid Lafre
08-28-2009, 05:25 PM
I dont think it will work that way unless you hit it several times really fast.

Do-Clo
08-28-2009, 06:23 PM
That will work fine as it only takes one switch closure to activate a clash sound. I have done that setup for a couple of customers.

Sairon
08-28-2009, 06:27 PM
Careto explain one switch closure? I'm not the best in electronics.

Novastar
08-28-2009, 06:43 PM
Sairon, basically, Don is saying that... well... a "circuit" is just what the derivative of the word is... a "circle".

Completing a circuit--completes the circle... a CLOSED circuit.
Breaking a circuit--breaks the circle... an OPEN circuit.

In this case, the MRFX boards require a brief closure of the circuit design (for the clash) to register the clash and make it happen. Additionally, the circuit MUST first re-open before another clash can be detected. Which is precisely how a momentary button works.

Therefore, you can additionally add a momentary button to actuate the clash as well... or (for whatever reason) put the momentary button in LIEU of the clash sensor.

You actually bring up a relatively interesting point, as... Don & Gravy and I have been TRYING to figure out a feasible (yet cost & labor-effective) way to:

* Allow for a quasi-"lockup" by holding the added mom. button down
* Allow for a "flash" to occur when a clash is registered

...with the MRFX boards. It hasn't been something "easy"... but... it could be possible. When I say possible, I also don't mean by adding $50 to the cost, lol! I mean... the goal is to make it a simple and inexpensive solution. Otherwise... really... what's the point. :)

Sairon
08-28-2009, 08:13 PM
Okay, I do know what circuit ment just didn't understand his "one switch closure". When I get my saber completed (which should be soon) I'll try abunch of stuff, and if it doesn't work oh well.

Jedi-Loreen
08-28-2009, 09:15 PM
Oh, you meant "Y-ing". When I first read the title, I thought you were talking about someone. I thought, "there's someone named Ying in a group called The Clash?" :p

Sairon
08-29-2009, 08:21 AM
Splicing, ying whatever. :) I thought of somthing that may work, get a momentary that is like a slider, it's always closed but when you move it forward it has a spring to push it back giving the breack in the circuit and then reconnecting of the circuit activating the clash. I dunno mabye it'll work.