PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro-Toy Lightsaber

Bert_one
08-27-2009, 08:09 AM
Hi everyone!
You all know this cheap Hasbro toy sabers with telescop-blade...
Now heres my question: Is there a version WITHOUT this annoying blinking when the saber is switched on and off?
Can anyone help me?

Thank you a lot!

ThreeQuadFive
08-27-2009, 09:24 AM
Use the force...er search ;)

sekrogue1985
08-27-2009, 10:08 AM
wow...

ThreeQuadFive
08-27-2009, 10:38 AM
wow...

Now is that a wow to my response or lack of posters looking through existing topics talking about this?

Jay-gon Jinn
08-27-2009, 12:04 PM
Hi everyone!
You all know this cheap Hasbro toy sabers with telescop-blade...
Now heres my question: Is there a version WITHOUT this annoying blinking when the saber is switched on and off?
Can anyone help me?

Thank you a lot!

I'm afraid they have all done that since day one....some even do it during/after a clash is triggered...it's in the programming on the board, and there is really only one way around it....a DPDT switch set-up that uses the board only for sound, and either a resistor or separate driver for the led. There's plenty of info on that in the Saber Sound section, so a little digging may in order for you.

ThreeQuadFive
08-27-2009, 12:09 PM
Actually one *could* just disconnect the clash sensor.
But that takes away the clash sound all together.

I never understood why FoC was so unpopular.
On the force action sabers its really not bad.

cardcollector
08-27-2009, 02:43 PM
1999 Qui-gonn: it only flashes on and off not when it is hit.

Bert_one
08-27-2009, 11:26 PM
Hi!
thank you for all your answers, but the 1999 qui gon saber DOES blink when it switched on and off. I know that because I've got one...
Do the new ones blink too?

ThreeQuadFive
08-28-2009, 05:50 AM
Hi!
thank you for all your answers, but the 1999 qui gon saber DOES blink when it switched on and off. I know that because I've got one...
Do the new ones blink too?

Yes sir.

Its just what hasbro does.

Even does it with the 5volt relay and mom switch setup i just noticed..hmm.

Well you could just use it to drive sound only and not hook it up the LED, but that would require a funky mom/dpdpt setup switch kind of thing I would imagine.

cardcollector
08-28-2009, 01:12 PM
oh, I thought you meant when hit... my bad. ALL HASBRO SABER BLINK WHEN TURNING ON. It drives me crazy too.;)