PDA

View Full Version : Thought I should say Hi

Munkerz
08-25-2009, 10:06 AM
Hi thar.
Well, I've been lurking for a whole 2 days, so not a long timer. Been looking to build about a week, so nothing lengthy there either.

I started looking into building a saber to go with a costume for the london MCM expo, determined that I wouldn't fork out a small fortune for a replica. Browsing plumbing and such for materials. Eventually I caved and found this site, and found what looks to be the start of a new hobby :-D

Well I felt obligated to drop off a hello, and I guess I've done that ;)

Sairon
08-25-2009, 10:13 AM
Welcome to your new addiction:), don't forget to post pics of your completed saber.

xl97
08-25-2009, 10:36 AM
check out: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/mhsbuilder/ to get build ideas before you purchase..

cardcollector
08-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Hey, its great to have another fellow saber builder!

Be prepared, once you build one saber you will want to build another, and another, and another, and another....

Can't wait to see what you come up with

Barmic Rin
08-26-2009, 01:12 PM
Another Brit!! Awesome!

Please read, read, read!!!
Pretty much every saber related question has already been asked, so take your time, don't rush your build.

dgdve
08-27-2009, 07:08 AM
Welcome and enjoy, my advice.. there are some great idea's around go ahead and check out the gallery(under user albums) and see what you like and what others have done whats seems to have worked and what maybe didnt. Always "read alot and ask a little" people here LOVE to help but HATE to hand hold simply bacause many if not all the questions you could possibly have, has been answered (and often re-answered). but good luck and we all wanna see your progress once you find your direction for this project.
~dave

Munkerz
09-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Well thanks for the welcomes :-)

Finally getting my first saber tomorrow assuming there's no problem with delivery. It was quite costly in the end (170USD(inc. P&P), +35GBP(customs and UK delivery)), but I'm looking forward to building this.

I've gone for a very simple set-up as my first, no doubt I'll order again though. Given the international charges, it may be pretty spaced out (unless I suddenly get rich or something).

Darth_Sasuke
09-22-2009, 07:40 PM
Hello, I am new here as well. Hopefully we will be able to build some lightsabers soon!