PDA

View Full Version : First saber attempt, think I've got it.

Munkerz
08-25-2009, 03:18 AM
Firstly, I know I'm not set up for a blade yet, I'll sort that out later.
Secondly, I'm not so sure about the MPS Insert style 2. It says it can hold a switch So going on that, this is my build thus far.

Screw on LED blade holder style 13
MHS choke style 3
7" Fluted double female threaded connector
MPS Pommel style 4
MPS Insert style 2
Luxeon III Electronics Kit
Push on/push off switch with red button
Switch Bezel Nut

And of course some extra wiring and heat shrinks.

Invisas1979
08-25-2009, 03:42 AM
I like the look of this saber and having the switch at the bottom is a bit different. The on off switch you get as part of the LED kit may not sit in the pommel 4 as neatly (if at all) as a guarded or AV switch so maybe think of getting one of these as well so you can see what works best.

Add the MHS clip to this list and you'll be spot on.

Also while you're at it I would considder ordering the blade and fixings and tools for threading (if you've not got taps already)

Munkerz
08-25-2009, 07:00 AM
Thanks for the tip on the switch.

As for the Blade, I do intend to order one, I'm just holding back until I can locate a suitable drill (really wouldn't want to try this free hand).

I'm fairly certain that my neighbour will have one as he does metal work for a living, regardless I'll order the taps for good measure.

EDIT: Yes he does have the drill I need, and I just placed the order, blade n' all. There will be a few spare parts because of the multiple buttons, screws and such, but it doesn't hurt to have them about.

Paar Ad
09-27-2009, 03:00 PM
Nice! what color LED are you gonna run?

Jedi-Loreen
09-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Actually, the switch from the kit will fit that pommel insert, but you have to bend the leads back at a 90 degree angle to do so. It works, I just tried it.